If you are anything like me you will pretty much live on eggs when following the Slimming World plan. Eggs being syn free is a savior for me. I will often eat 3 or 4 eggs per day. Whether it be scrambled, boiled, fried or poached I just love eggs. If I do say so myself however.. I am pretty good at cooking a poached egg and I am always being asked how I do it.. Well here we go.
1 Sauce pan or frying pan
1 Slotted spoon
1 Small bowl or ramekin
- Bring around 2 inches of water to boil in a non stick pan. Pure metal pans are the worst to cook a poached egg in as the egg sticks to the sides. Once the water is boiling turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack your egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Pour your egg into the simmering water quickly.
- Do not touch the egg, do not worry if the egg looks rough.. a poached egg is not always perfect.
- If you like your poached egg soft/runny allow 2 minutes cooking time. If you like your egg harder allow around 3 to 4 minutes cooking time.
- To remove your egg uses a slotted spoon to lift gently and allow the water to run out.
- Place onto some kitchen towel to dry off before serving.
The general rule is the fresher the egg the better it will poach.. but using vinegar is a complete myth you do not need it.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you create my recipes 😉 @fatgirlskinny_sw
If you still cannot create the perfect poached egg try this AMAZING product from Joseph Joseph. It’s a little more expensive but it’s literally the best thing I have ever used. Have a look here.