These pork kebabs are perfect in the summer but also served with rice as a Syn free dinner perfect for all of the family.. I think it’s a great recipe to get the kids helping with too. These do work better with the metal skewers but I don’t see why the wooden ones wouldn’t work just as well.
I have these metal skewers from Amazon and I like them because they can be reused. The wooden ones are not good on the BBQ either.
Serving: 4 – 5 Kebabs
- 6 Pork Loin Steaks (With ALL fat removed)
- 10 Large Mushrooms Sliced in half
- 1 Large Onion Cut into large chunks
- 2 TBSP Chinese Five Spice
- Pinch Of Salt & Pepper
- 3 TBSP Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt
You will also need skewers and a baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas Mark 5
- In a large bowl mix together the Chinese Five Spice, Yogurt and Salt & Pepper
- Slice pork, Mushrooms and Onion into large chunks and place into the bowl. Mix together ensuring all of the meat and ingredients are covered in the marinade.
- Now for the messy bit… making your kebabs. Alternate between each ingredient filling the kebabs as large are you like.
- Grease a baking tray with a little Frylight on some kitchen roll.
- Place the kebabs onto the baking tray and spritz the tops with Frylight.
- Place into the oven for around 20 – 25 minutes (turning half way through) or until the Pork is cooked…
- For extra crispiness you can grill them for 2 – 3 minutes at the end.