What Is Extra Easy SP?
The S stands for your Speed Foods and the P stands for Protein-rich foods. I would never suggest this to a Slimming World newbie.. it’s best to really get your head around the plan before you experiment with an Extra Easy SP day.
My Thoughts On EE SP..
I have to admit that I have tried Extra Easy SP on a number of occasions but the results for me were not that impressive. But I have heard it works for a lot of people, so I am going to explain how it works and what you should be and should not be eating on your Extra Easy SP days.
What Should I Be Eating On An Extra Easy SP Day?
- On a EE SP day you should be filling half of your plate with S (Speed) foods and half of your plate with P (Protein) foods. See here for a full list of SP foods.
- Choose ONE Healthy Extra A choice (See page for details)
- Choose TWO Healthy Extra B choices ( See page for details)
- Your usual Syn allowance
When Should I Do A Extra Easy SP Day?
There is no right or wrong answer to this.. many people do the EE SP days to boost their weight loss if they have hit a wall or if they feel excessively bloated. It’s a great way to cut carbs.. Often people feel the EE SP works better for them than any other days so choose to include more in their diet.
How Long Should I Continue Doing Extra Easy SP?
Again there is no right or wrong answer… but in my opinion I would not do this more than once or twice per week.. if you want to rapidly speed up your weight loss you could try it for a continuous week.. then have a week off and so on. But everyone is different..
Extra Easy SP Tips
- Definitely eat your TWO Healthy Extra B allowance. It is very easy to become constipated otherwise.
- Plan your meals in advance as its very easy to slip back to the normal plan or make a mistake.
- Keep a printed list of the yes and no foods so you can quickly check what you can and cannot eat.
- Be in the right frame of mind.. if you are having a grumpy day it may not be the best day to try it out.
Sample Extra Easy SP Days:
This is what I ate on the days I tried this out..
Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEX B) with Skimmed milk (Hex A)
Lunch: 3 egg Omelette with Spinach, Tomatoes and Onion
Dinner: Chicken Fajitas with Weight watchers Wrap (HEX B)
Snacks: Melon, Kit Kat (5.5 Syns)
Breakfast: Cheese (HEX A) on Toast (HEX B) with tomatoes and spinach
Lunch: Bacon and Egg in a wholemeal roll (HEX B) with sliced tomato and mushrooms
Dinner: Chicken breast, Broccoli, Carrot & Swede mash, Gravy (2 Syns)
Snacks: Apple, Chocolate mousse (6 Syns)