Slow Cooker Butter Chicken | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
It’s time to add a little flavour to your weeknight dinner routine, Slow Cooker Butter Chicken style! The delicious, creamy sauce is richly spiced (but not spicy), the chicken is plump and juicy, and it’s the perfect family meal. This recipe is great for anyone following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
If you’ve never had authentic Indian butter chicken (or Indian food in general!), this Slow Cooker Butter Chicken is a recipe to try. It’s perfect for a first timer of Indian food, but hopefully after a few bites you will never look back!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s super creamy, mild, saucy and comforting which makes it a great low Syn family-friendly meal.
- The prep is SO easy, it’s a throw in kinda of meal and needs just a short time for prep.
- It will make your kitchen smell amazing! The spices used in this recipe are very aromatic and taste delicious. The worse bit is smelling it all day, it makes you starving!
- It is low in Syns and calories
- Makes loads of portions which is perfect for batch cooking
- You can serve this alongside some simple white rice OR why not give my naan bread a go.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave and make sure that you add a splash of water before reheating as otherwise, the sauce will be too thick.
- Freezer: Freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Butter chicken freezes well so you can cook a larger batch, and freeze for an easy and quick dinner option! Just remember to thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely yes! Even though there are 2.5 Syns per serving it is totally worth it to have an authentic tasting curry using butter and cream. Don’t skimp on the ingredients and use those Syns… thats why we have them.
But I don’t have a slow cooker?
Many people are scared of slow cooking because they believe it makes far too much food or uses too much electric.
At the moment I am highly recommending this small slow cooker from Crockpot. It is perfect for small households and will fit into small spaces/cupboards. It’s also an absolute bargain on Amazon right now!
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Dried Ginger
- 4 tsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Medium Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Granulated Sweetener
- 8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs [Diced into large chunks]
- 50g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- 50ml Double Cream
- 250ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Onion [Finely Diced]
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Set your slow cooker to warm or a low heat. Put the butter, garlic, ginger, curry powder, chilli powder, tomato purée and sweetener in the slow cooker and combine thoroughly.
- Add the chicken and onion, season with salt and pepper and mix with the spice mixture until coated on all sides.
- Add the stock and stir well.
- Pop the lid on and cook on high for 4–5 hours until the chicken is very tender. Remove the lid for the last 2 hours if the curry is very watery.
- Pour the cream and yoghurt into the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for a further 10 minutes, or until piping hot. If you find the curry is very watery before adding the cream you can boil some of the liquid off over the stove.