Bella Italia is never going to be the first choice for someone trying to lose weight.. but they do offer some very tasty low calorie dishes. So whether you are following a Slimming plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet. Use my guide below to make good choices.
EATING OUT TIPS:
- Plan ahead (you are already one step ahead on that one). If you can view the menu online that’s even better. Work out the Syns, WW Points or calories in advance. This way you can choose exactly what you will eat without having to make a quick panicked decision in the restaurant.
- Make good swaps: For example if you choose a baked potato, ask for it plain. Swap chips for extra vegetables or swap beef for chicken. There are so many simple swaps you can make to save Syns, WW Points or calories.
- Watch out for extra calories: It’s so easy to say yes to a glass of wine without even thinking.. or a starter just because everyone else is. Be strong, it will be worth it in the end.
- Have fun: Don’t spoil your fun and social life just for one meal. If you overeat don’t panic or beat yourself up over it. Just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow.
- Eating out with Slimming World: Check the Syns in items before you go, make simple swaps like chips for plain baked potato and ask for vegetables with no butter.
Bella Italia has some brilliant healthy options on their menu. Opt for the SALMONE AL FORNO at just 633 calories followed by 2 scoops of the MANGO SORBET for under 200 calories.
- BRUSCHETTA POMODORO – 432 Calories
- CALAMARI FRITTI – 882 Calories
- FUNGHI ARROSTO – 505 Calories
- GAMBERI AGLIO – 432 Calories
- POLPETTE PARMIGIANO – 482 Calories
- TOMINO CON PARMA – 796 Calories
- ARANCINI AL GRANCHIO – 602 Calories
- CALZONETTI ‘NDUJA – 204 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- CIABATTINI DOUGH BITES – 486 Calories
- GNOCCHI SCAMORZA – 440 Calories
- HOUMOUS PEPPERONCINO – 288 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- OLIVES – 200 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- PASTA FRITTI – 601 Calories
- RAVIOLI CACIO E PEPE – 474 Calories
HAND-STRETCHED FLAT BREADS
- CARAMELISED ONION AND MOZZARELLA – 925 Calories
- GARLIC AND PARSLEY BUTTER – 394 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- MOZZARELLA WITH GARLIC AND PARSLEY BUTTER – 974 Calories
- BOLOGNESE – 676 Calories
- CARBONARA – 1064 Calories
- POLLO CACCIATORE – 955 Calories
- POLLO FUNGHI – 1018 Calories
- POMODORO CON BUFALA – 563 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- TRADITIONAL LASAGNE – 841 Calories
- FUNGHI CREMA – 874 Calories
- GAMBERONI – 888 Calories
- OX CHEEK RAGÙ – 750 Calories
- RAGÙ D’ANATRA – 640 Calories
- SALSICCIA MEZZALUNA – 1022 Calories
- VESUVIO – 1047 Calories
- ZUCCA DOLCELATTE – 893 Calories
- CALZONE – 1127 Calories
- DIAVOLO – 1117 Calories
- FORMAGGIO FUNGHI – 1116 Calories
- MARGHERITA – 803 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- PEPPERONI – 1115 Calories
- PICCANTE – 1287 Calories
- PROSCIUTTO BUFALA – 1007 Calories
- SALSICCIA BROCCOLI – 1039 Calories
- INSALATA POLLO CESARE – 804 Calories
- POLLO SALTIMBOCCA – 855 Calories
- SALMONE AL FORNO – 633 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- BROCCOLI – 118 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- MIXED SALAD – 115 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- ROCKET SALAD – 165 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- ROSEMARY FRIES – 818 Calories
- SWEET POTATO FRIES – 793 Calories
- CARAMEL CHEESECAKE – 728 Calories
- CASSATELLE LIMONE – 359 Calories
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIE – 709 Calories
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE – 419 Calories
- COOKIE DOUGH AL FORNO – 800 Calories
- LEMON MERINGUE – 522 Calories
- RASPBERRY SEMIFREDDO – 702 Calories
- TIRAMISU – 432 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- GELATO – Deliciously creamy, smooth and silky. Ask your server for a full list of flavours and toppings available
Toppings and flavours:
- CAPPUCINO – 74 Calories
- CARAMEL – 59 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- CHOCOLATE – 72 Calories
- CHOCOLATE CHIP – 144 Calories
- LIQUORICE & BLACKCURRANT – 75 Calories
- MANGO SORBET – 84 Calories
- MARSHMALLOWS – 30 Calories
- MINT CHOCOLATE – 121 Calories
- NOCCIOLA (HAZLENUT) – 123 Calories
- PISTACHIO – 127 Calories
- SALTED CARAMEL – 103 Calories
- SOUR CHERRY SORBET – 63 Calories
- SPRINKLES – 20 Calories
- STRAWBERRY – 91 Calories
- VANILLA – 95 Calories
- VEGAN – 140 Calories
- WHIPPED CREAM – 93 Calories
- WHITE CHOCOLATE – 72 Calories
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World that we would remove Syns from our eating out, shopping and food lists. We will continue to advertise Syns on our recipes. If you are looking for a Syn value please visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk
LOOKING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS SMART POINTS?
Since Weight Watchers introduced the new Personal Points plan it is harder to calculate points. This means I can no longer offer exact WW Points for food lists. (I am working on the recipe part).
HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I BE CONSUMING PER DAY?
When we eat and drink more calories than we use up, our bodies store the excess as body fat. If this continues, over time we may put on weight. As a guide, an average man needs around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day.
These values can vary depending on age, size and levels of physical activity, among other factors. To find out more about calories and losing weight with a calorie controlled plan please visit NHS.