Five Guys is never going to be the first choice for someone trying to lose weight.. but they do offer some very tasty low calorie dishes. So whether you are following a Slimming plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet. Use my guide below to make good choices.
EATING OUT TIPS:
- Plan ahead (you are already one step ahead on that one). If you can view the menu online that’s even better. Work out the Syns, WW Points or calories in advance. This way you can choose exactly what you will eat without having to make a quick panicked decision in the restaurant.
- Make good swaps: For example if you choose a baked potato, ask for it plain. Swap chips for extra vegetables or swap beef for chicken. There are so many simple swaps you can make to save Syns, WW Points or calories.
- Watch out for extra calories: It’s so easy to say yes to a glass of wine without even thinking.. or a starter just because everyone else is. Be strong, it will be worth it in the end.
- Have fun: Don’t spoil your fun and social life just for one meal. If you overeat don’t panic or beat yourself up over it. Just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow.
- Eating out with Slimming World: Check the Syns in items before you go, make simple swaps like chips for plain baked potato and ask for vegetables with no butter.
- BACON BURGER – 784 Calories
- BACON CHEESEBURGER – 848 Calories
- CHEESEBURGER – 756 Calories
- HAMBURGER – 628 Calories
- ALL BEEF HOT DOG – 407 Calories
- BACON CHEESE DOG – 471 Calories
- BACON DOG – 485 Calories
- CHEESE DOG – 549 Calories
- BLT – 325 Calories
- GRILLED CHEESE – 302 Calories
- VEGGIE SANDWICH – 238 Calories (Choose your own toppings below)
- VEGGIE SANDWICH WITH CHEESE – 302 Calories (Choose your own toppings below)
- BBQ Sauce – 16 Calories
- Fresh Onions – 8 Calories
- Green Peppers – 2 Calories
- Grilled mushrooms – 12 Calories
- Grilled Onions – 9 Calories
- Hot Sauce – 2 Calories
- HP Brown Sauce – 10 Calories
- Jalapeno Peppers – 1 Calories
- Ketchup – 14 Calories
- Lettuce – 3 Calories
- Mayo – 113 Calories
- Mustard – 4.5 Calories
- Pickles – 2.8 Calories
- Relish – 15 Calories
- Tomato – 6 Calories
- CAJUN STYLE
Little: 679 Calories
Regular: 1093 Calories
Large: 1529 Calories
- FIVE GUYS STYLE
Little: 659 Calories
Regular: 1073 Calories
Large: 1509 Calories
FIVE GUYS SHAKE – Base Shake 625 Calories
- Bacon – 78 Calories
- Banana – 164 Calories
- Chocolate – 217 Calories
- Coffee – 5.5 Calories
- Lotus Biscoff® – 145 Calories
- Malted Milk – 52 Calories
- Oreo® Cookie Pieces – 115 Calories
- Peanut Butter – 286 Calories
- Salted Caramel – 181 Calories
- Strawberry – 137 Calories
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World that we would remove Syns from our eating out, shopping and food lists. We will continue to advertise Syns on our recipes. If you are looking for a Syn value please visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk
LOOKING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS SMART POINTS?
Since Weight Watchers introduced the new Personal Points plan it is harder to calculate points. This means I can no longer offer exact WW Points for food lists. (I am working on the recipe part).
HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I BE CONSUMING PER DAY?
When we eat and drink more calories than we use up, our bodies store the excess as body fat. If this continues, over time we may put on weight. As a guide, an average man needs around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day.
These values can vary depending on age, size and levels of physical activity, among other factors. To find out more about calories and losing weight with a calorie controlled plan please visit NHS.