Yo! Sushi is never going to be the first choice for someone trying to lose weight.. but they do offer some very tasty low calorie dishes. So whether you are following a Slimming plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet. Use my guide below to make good choices.
List Updated: 1st January 2022
EATING OUT TIPS:
- Plan ahead (you are already one step ahead on that one). If you can view the menu online that’s even better. Work out the Syns, WW Points or calories in advance. This way you can choose exactly what you will eat without having to make a quick panicked decision in the restaurant.
- Make good swaps: For example if you choose a baked potato, ask for it plain. Swap chips for extra vegetables or swap beef for chicken. There are so many simple swaps you can make to save Syns, WW Points or calories.
- Watch out for extra calories: It’s so easy to say yes to a glass of wine without even thinking.. or a starter just because everyone else is. Be strong, it will be worth it in the end.
- Have fun: Don’t spoil your fun and social life just for one meal. If you overeat don’t panic or beat yourself up over it. Just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow.
- Eating out with Slimming World: Check the Syns in items before you go, make simple swaps like chips for plain baked potato and ask for vegetables with no butter.
FIND YOUR LOCAL YO! SUSHI HERE
- AVACADO MAKI – 203 Calories
- BEEF TERIYAKI – 332 Calories
- CALIFORNIA TEMAKI – 223 Calories
- CHICKEN CURRY RAMEN – 417 Calories
- CHICKEN FRIED RICE – 347 Calories
- CHICKEN GYOZA – 140 Calories
- CHICKEN KATSU – 225 Calories
- CHICKEN KATSU CURRY – 522 Calories
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIE – 363 Calories
- CRUNCHY CALIFORNIA ROLL – 285 Calories
- CUCUMBER MAKI – 150 Calories
- DORAYAKI PANCAKE – 130 Calories
- DRAGON ROLL – 206 Calories
- DYNAMITE ROLL – 204 Calories
- EDAMAME – 134 Calories
- FRESH FRUIT PLATE – 61 Calories
- INARI TACO – 170 Calories
- JAPANESE FRIED CHICKEN – 382 Calories
- KAISO SEAWEED – 183 Calories
- KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN – 386 Calories
- MIXED MAKI PLATE – 199 Calories
- POPCORN SHRIMP – 355 Calories
- PRAWN GYOZA – 148 Calories
- PRAWN KATSU – 173 Calories
- PRAWN KATSU CURRY – 432 Calories
- PUMPKIN KATSU – 152 Calories
- PUMPKIN KATSU CURRY – 434 Calories
- SALMON AND AVOCADO TEMAKI – 178 Calories
- SALMON FRIED RICE – 356 Calories
- SALMON MAKI – 194 Calories
- SALMON NIGIRI – 103 Calories
- SALMON PONZU SALSA SASHIMI – 115 Calories
- SALMON SASHIMI – 126 Calories
- SHIITAKE MUSHROOM RAMEN – 225 Calories
- SPICY CHICKEN KATSU ROLL – 147 Calories
- SPICY PEPPER SQUID – 166 Calories
- SPICY SEAFOOD RAMEN – 274 Calories
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MOCHI – 188 Calories
- TAKOYAKI – 275 Calories
- TUNA NIGIRI – 85 Calories
- TUNA SASHIMI – 70 Calories
- VEGETABLE FRIED RICE – 343 Calories
- VEGETABLE GYOZA – 132 Calories
- YASAI ROLL – 170 Calories
- YASAI TEMAKI – 145 Calories
- YO! FRIES – 403 Calories
- YO! ROLL – 168 Calories
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World that we would remove Syns from our eating out, shopping and food lists. We will continue to advertise Syns on our recipes. If you are looking for a Syn value please visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk
LOOKING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS SMART POINTS?
Since Weight Watchers introduced the new Personal Points plan it is harder to calculate points. This means I can no longer offer exact WW Points for food lists. (I am working on the recipe part).
HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I BE CONSUMING PER DAY?
When we eat and drink more calories than we use up, our bodies store the excess as body fat. If this continues, over time we may put on weight. As a guide, an average man needs around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day.
These values can vary depending on age, size and levels of physical activity, among other factors. To find out more about calories and losing weight with a calorie controlled plan please visit NHS.