When following the Slimming World plan you may enjoy TWO measured portions of Healthy Extra A per day. These are to promote healthy teeth and bones and should be enjoyed as a snack or as part of a meal.
I am regularly contacted by followers asking the same question.. “do I really have to eat both portions?” I agree it can be difficult.. especially if you are not a tea/coffee drinker. But it is a necessary part of a healthy diet and I would highly recommend squeezing them in.
For information on Healthy Extra B please see here.
Tips for including Healthy Extra A in your diet:
- Sprinkle cheese over your meal, i.e bolognese, chilli, pasta.
- Choose a full fat cheese so that there is less to consume.
- Have plenty of tea and coffee throughout the day. These are great and helping suppress hunger.
- Add Babybel or cheese triangles as a lunchtime snack instead of crisps.
- Make porridge in the morning, this uses a lot more milk than standard cereal.
- Mix a handful of cooked pasta, spinach and sliced ham with a cheese triangle for a quick and easy lunch.
- Make a hot chocolate (using an Options sachet 2 Syns) with all milk instead of water.
- Try one of my Healthy Extra A recipes. Check them out here.
HEALTHY EXTRA A LIST – 2021
Last Updated: January 2021
Please ensure you weigh your portions carefully.
- 30g Cheddar / Double Gloucester /Red Leicester / Lactofree Mature Cheddar
- 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar / Reduced Fat Emmental
- 35g Danish Blue
- 35g Edam
- 30g Emmental / Gouda / Gruyère
- 45g Feta
- 65g Reduced fat Feta / Greek-style salad cheese
- 30g Hard goats cheese
- 35g Halloumi
- 45g Reduced fat Halloumi
- 25g Manchego
- 50g Mozzarella (cows milk)
- 70g Reduced Fat Mozzarella
- 40g Paneer
- 30g Parmesan / Parmigiano Reggiano / Grana Padano, fresh
- 90g Ricotta
- 40g Smoked processed cheese (Austrian / Bavarian)
- 40g Koko Dairy Free Alternative to Cheddar2 Dairylea Light Cheese Slices
- 3 Dairylea Original Triangles
- 4 Dairylea Light Triangles
- 2 Dairylea Light Cheese Slices
- 2 Kerry Cheestrings, Original
- 2 Mini Babybel Original Cheeses
- 3 Mini Babybel Light Cheeses
- 4 McLelland Seriously Spreadable Lighter Creamy Cheese Squares
- 2 The Laughing Cow Original Triangles
- 5 The Laughing Cow Light Triangles, plain / blue cheese / Cheddar / Emmental
- 6 The Laughing Cow Extra Light Triangles
- 350ml skimmed milk
- 300ml 1% fat milk
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200ml whole milk
- 400ml skimmed goats milk
- 275ml semi-skimmed goats milk
- 200ml whole goats milk
- 300ml semi-skimmed lactose free dairy drink
- 400ml almond drink, plain and unsweetened, with added calcium
- 400ml soya drink, plain and unsweetened, with added calcium
- 225ml rice drink, plain and unsweetened, with added calcium
Whilst breastfeeding your body requires extra energy and more importantly extra calcium which means you are entitled to extra portions of Healthy extra A per day.
- When baby is up to 6 months old and their only nutrition is coming from your breast milk Slimming World recommend an intake of 5 Healthy Extra A portions per day.
- As baby grows and nutrition is also coming from other sources Slimming World recommend slowly reducing the allowance to 4, then 3 and eventually back to the recommended 2 per day when baby is completley weaned from breast milk.
The check all of the recommended guidelines for following Slimming World whilst breastfeeding please visit here.