Harvester is an amazing choice for someone who is trying to lose weight but also wants to enjoy a meal out. The salad bar itself is just a godsend for Slimming World followers too. So whether you are following a Slimming plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet. Use my guide below to make good choices.
EATING OUT TIPS:
- Plan ahead (you are already one step ahead on that one). If you can view the menu online that’s even better. Work out the Syns, WW Points or calories in advance. This way you can choose exactly what you will eat without having to make a quick panicked decision in the restaurant.
- Make good swaps: For example if you choose a baked potato, ask for it plain. Swap chips for extra vegetables or swap beef for chicken. There are so many simple swaps you can make to save Syns, WW Points or calories.
- Watch out for extra calories: It’s so easy to say yes to a glass of wine without even thinking.. or a starter just because everyone else is. Be strong, it will be worth it in the end.
- Have fun: Don’t spoil your fun and social life just for one meal. If you overeat don’t panic or beat yourself up over it. Just draw a line under it and start again tomorrow.
- Eating out with Slimming World: Check the Syns in items before you go, make simple swaps like chips for plain baked potato and ask for vegetables with no butter.
Harvester offer some excellent healthier options when eating in the restaurant. Look out for my Slimming Option ideas and Healthier Choice markings throughout the guide below.
- BACON BITS – 98 Calories Per Serving
- BEETROOT – 33 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- OLIVES – 103 Calories Per Serving
- BREAD ROLL WHITE – 90 Calories Per Roll
- BREAD ROLL BROWN – 82 Calories Per Roll (B Slimming Option)
- COLESLAW – 47 Calories Per Serving
- CROUTONS – 48 Calories Per Serving
- CUCUMBER – 14 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- GRATED CARROT – 20 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- LETTUCE – 16 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- ONION FLAKES – 6 Calories Per Serving
- PASTA SALAD – 114 Calories Per Serving
- PICKLED ONION – 19 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- PINEAPPLE – 25 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- POTATO SALAD – 50 Calories Per Serving
- SLICED ONIONS – 40 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- SLICED PEPPERS – 19 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- SULTANAS – 126 Calories Per Serving
- SWEETCORN – 45 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
- TOMATO – 18 Calories Per Serving (Zero Slimming Option)
STARTERS (TAPAS STYLE)
- BREADED MUSHROOMS – 516 Calories
- BUTTERMILK-FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS – 395 Calories
- CRISPY CALAMARI STRIPS – 255 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- GARLIC BREAD – 376 Calories
- HALLOUMI FRIES – 373 Calories
- JALAPEÑO POPPERS – 545 Calories
- LOADED SWEETCORN RIBS – 314 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- NACHOS – 533 Calories
- SOUTHERN-FRIED CHICKEN-FREE STRIPS – 447 Calories
- POTATO SKINS – 464 Calories
- PRIME CHICKEN WINGS – 588 Calories
- SPICY CRACKER JACK PRAWNS – 299 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- VEGAN NACHOS – 438 Calories
FROM THE GRILL
- 10oz* SIRLOIN – 1086 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing all fat and asking for a baked potato with no butter and steamed veg only)
- 12oz* RIBEYE – 1021 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing all fat and asking for a baked potato with no butter and steamed veg only)
- 7oz* GAMMON – 1045 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing all fat and asking for a baked potato with no butter)
- 8oz* RUMP – 975 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing all fat and asking for a baked potato with no butter and steamed veg only)
- FULL RACK OF RIBS – 1160 Calories
- HICKORY-SMOKED BEEF BRISKET – 828 Calories
- MIXED GRILL – 1317 Calories
- SMOKED BBQ PORK BELLY – 1266 Calories
- STEAK SANDWICH – 1173 Calories
- THE BONE PILE – 1681 Calories
- THE PITMASTER – 2151 Calories
- ULTIMATE MIXED GRILL – 2177 Calories
FLATBREADS AND BOWLS
- BUTTERMILK-FRIED CHICKEN FLATBREAD – 870 Calories
- CHARGRILLED CAJUN CHICKEN BREAST FLATBREAD – 805 Calories
- GRILLED HALLOUMI FLATBREAD – 975 Calories
- SOUTHERN-FRIED CHICKEN-FREE STRIPS FLATBREAD – 942 Calories
- CHARGRILLED CHICKEN BREAST BALANCED BOWL – 247 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- CHARGRILLED RUMP STEAK BALANCED BOWL – 488 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- GRILLED HALLOUMI BALANCED BOWL – 615 Calories
- GRILLED SALMON FILLET BALANCED BOWL – 509 Calories
- COD & CHIPS – 1018 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing all the batter and asking for a baked potato with no butter and mushy peas)
- SALMON & DILL FISHCAKES – 867 Calories
- SIMPLY SALMON – 880 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by asking for no butter and no sauce) [Healthier Choice]
- WHOLETAIL WHITBY SCAMPI – 960 Calories
- DOUBLE DIRTY COMBO – 1896 Calories
- DIRTY BIRD COMBO – 2090 Calories
- THE CHICKEN KATSU – 1082 Calories
- THE DIRTY BIRD – 1812 Calories
- THE BBQ KING – 662 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- THE BEEF CLASSIC – 1072 Calories
- THE BEYOND BEAN – 436 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- THE CHICKEN CLASSIC – 1015 Calories
- THE DIRTY ONE – 650 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- THE PURIST – 416 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- THE SOUTHERN-FRIED – 1253 Calories
- THE TRUE BLUE – 1180 Calories
- BBQ CHICKEN STACK – 1182 Calories
- BIRD, SURF & TURF – 1144 Calories
- SIMPLY CHICKEN – 562 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by asking for a baked potato with no butter and steamed veg only) [Healthier Choice]
- CHICKEN, BACON & WAFFLE – 1449 Calories
- SIGNATURE HALF ROTISSERIE CHICKEN – 771 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option by removing skin and asking for a baked potato with no butter and steamed veg only) [Healthier Choice]
- THE 1983 HARVESTER COMBO – 1106 Calories
- THE ORIGINAL COMBO – 951 Calories
- THE TRIPLE COMBO – 997 Calories
VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN
- CAMEMBERT AND CHERRY TOMATO TART – 908 Calories
- CHILLI NON CARNE – 546 Calories (Make this a Zero Slimming Option ask for this without sour cream or guacamole) [Healthier Choice]
- HERB-BATTERED HALLOUMI & CHIPS – 1221 Calories
- NEW BBQ NO-CHICKEN STACK – 1182 Calories
- SPINACH & RICOTTA PASTA – 852 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- CLASSIC DIRTY FRIES – 469 Calories
- BBQ PULLED PORK DIRTY FRIES – 531 Calories
- TEX MEX DIRTY FRIES – 532 Calories
- APPLE & BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE – 580 Calories
- BAKED VANILLA CHEESECAKE – 708 Calories
- BELGIAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIE – 670 Calories
- CHOCOLATE & BANANA WAFFLE – 1534 Calories
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE – 679 Calories
- COOKIE CHAOS SUNDAE – 719 Calories
- ETON MESS SUNDAE – 471 Calories
- MILLIONAIRE’S SHORTBREAD SUNDAE – 717 Calories
- ROCKY HORROR WAFFLE – 1440 Calories
- ROCKY HORROR SUNDAE – 678 Calories
- SUNDAE BEST SUNDAE – 250 Calories [Healthier Choice]
- SUNDAE BEST WAFFLE – 597 Calories
- TREACLE SPONGE – 451 Calories
- VEGAN SUNDAE BEST SUNDAE – 670 Calories
ORDER MY HEALTHY CHOICE EXAMPLE
Fill up on salad bar including: Beetroot, Grated Carrot, Cucumber, Lettuce, Pickled Onion, Peppers Pineapple, Sweetcorn and Tomato with a Brown Roll and no butter.
(Zero Slimming Option and B Option) (Approx 292 Calories)
(Zero Slimming Option: Ask for no butter or gravy. Ask for steamed veg only) (562 Calories)
(17.5 Syns) (250 Calories)
17.5 Syns or scrap the dessert for Zero!
LOOKING FOR SLIMMING WORLD SYNS?
We agreed with Slimming World that we would remove Syns from our eating out, shopping and food lists. We will continue to advertise Syns on our recipes. If you are looking for a Syn value please visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk
LOOKING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS SMART POINTS?
Since Weight Watchers introduced the new Personal Points plan it is harder to calculate points. This means I can no longer offer exact WW Points for food lists. (I am working on the recipe part).
HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I BE CONSUMING PER DAY?
When we eat and drink more calories than we use up, our bodies store the excess as body fat. If this continues, over time we may put on weight. As a guide, an average man needs around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000kcal (8,400kJ) a day.
These values can vary depending on age, size and levels of physical activity, among other factors. To find out more about calories and losing weight with a calorie controlled plan please visit NHS.