You have joined Slimming World and all you have heard so far is, speed speed speed…. Don’t worry I completely understand! It can be really hard to get your head around everything.
Speed foods are not only classed as a free food and syn free but almost all fruits and vegetables will be super free foods. These will help to boost your weight loss and keep you feeling fill for longer.
Slimming World state that at least a third of your plate should be full of speed foods first. Also if you feel the urge to snack, try and reach for speed foods first.
How can I add more speed foods to my diet?
- Add some berries to your jelly/yogurt
- Top your breakfast cereal with some fruit
- Swap half of your pasta/rice for some vegetables
- Fill a third of your dinner plate with vegetables or salad first, then add the rest of your meal.
- Cut carrot sticks and place them in the fridge to snack on.
List Updated: 2nd February 2020
The following foods are classed as “speed foods” on the Slimming World plan. They can be eaten without weighing or measuring.
Mashed, pureed, blended or cooked fruit must all be Synned.
Blueberries (Added Jan 2018)
Mixed Salad Leafs
Purple sprouting broccoli
Sugar snap peas
Tomatoes, Fresh, Tinned or Passata