You have joined Slimming World and all you have heard so far is, speed speed speed…. Don’t worry I completely understand! It can be really hard to get your head around everything at first.
Speed foods are not only classed as a free food, but almost all fruits and vegetables will be Super Free Foods too. These will help to boost your weight loss and keep you feeling fill for longer.
Slimming World state that at least a third of your plate should be full of speed foods first. Also if you feel the urge to snack, try and reach for speed foods first.
How can I add more speed foods to my diet?
- Add some berries to your jelly/yogurt
- Top your breakfast cereal with some fruit
- Swap half of your pasta/rice for some vegetables
- Fill a third of your dinner plate with vegetables or salad first, then add the rest of your meal.
- Slice carrot sticks and place them in the fridge to snack on.
The following foods are classed as “speed foods” on the Slimming World plan. They can be eaten without weighing or measuring.
List Updated: 1st January 2022
Fresh and frozen fruit are both classed as Speed Foods. (Tinned are not)
Please remember if you are mashing, pureeing or cooking fruit they must be Synned.
Melon (All types)
All vegetables below whether they are fresh, frozen and canned are classed as Speed foods. They can be roasted, pureed, boiled or raw.
Mustard & Cress
Purple sprouting broccoli
Sugar snap peas
Tomatoes, Fresh, Tinned or Passata