Best Ever Cottage Pie | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Get ready to experience comfort food like never before with our “Best Ever Cottage Pie” recipe. This classic dish has been reimagined to be both incredibly delicious and completely Slimming World friendly. With lean mince, a rich vegetable medley, and a luscious, guilt-free topping, it’s a wholesome indulgence that won’t derail your wellness journey.
At its core, our cottage pie embodies the essence of comfort, warmth, and homely goodness. But here’s the twist – we’ve crafted it to align perfectly with Slimming World principles, ensuring you can relish every bite without compromising on your health and fitness goals.
Whether you’re a devoted follower of Slimming World or simply searching for a mouthwatering, figure-friendly dinner option, our “Best Ever Cottage Pie” is here to tantalize your taste buds. Join us as we dive into this culinary masterpiece that proves you don’t have to sacrifice flavour to achieve your wellness aspirations. Let’s get cooking!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- The perfect Slimming World recipe which is full of speed foods to aid weight loss.
- So delicious and very filling.
- Perfect for keeping you warm in the winter.
- So easy to make with minimal effort.
- So perfect for the entire family.
- Only 350 Calories per serving
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: After cooling you can store this recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheating in the microwave: Cook covered for 2 and a half minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 1 minute. Check it is piping hot before serving.
- Freezer: After cooling you can store this recipe in an airtight contained in the freezer for up to 1 month. Please thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Best Ever Cottage Pie
- 500g Lean 5% Fat Beef Mince
- 1kg Floury Potatoes [Peeled and Diced]
- 2 Beef Stock Cube
- 80g Frozen Peas
- 80g Frozen Sliced Carrots [Or Fresh, par boiled]
- 1 Red Pepper [De seeded and finely diced]
- 1 Onion [Peeled and Finely diced]
- ¼ tsp Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Marmite
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt (Or a splash of milk)
- Tomato Slices [Optional garnish]
- Pre heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Wash diced potatoes, add to a pan of boiling water with a large pinch of salt and simmer until soft.
- Make up beef stock using 300ml boiling water and 2 stock cubes.
- In a large pan, over a medium heat add boiling stock, peas, carrot, onion and red pepper. Allow to simmer covered for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add Garlic, Basil, Tomato Puree and Marmite. Allow to simmer uncovered for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add beef mince and continue to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often. Keep simmering until most of the liquid has reduced and the mixture is a thick gravy like consitancy.
- Line the bottom of a large oven proof dish with your mince mixture and set aside.
- Drain potatoes, add yoghurt and a season with a good pinch of salt. Mash potatoes until creamy and fluffy. Add extra yoghurt if required. [Don't be worried if its a bit lumpy, you do not want the potatoes to be too runny]
- Cover the mince mixture with potato and fluff with a fork. Garnish with tomato slices if required.
- Place into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until crispy and golden.