Homemade Mushy Peas | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Love them or hate them, mushy peas are a British staple served with fish and chips or pie and mash! They are delicious, filling and so so Green. Loved by the whole family, I am going to show you how to make a much healthier version that everyone will enjoy.
I know a tin of mushy peas is actually Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan. But did you know there is actually 4g of sugar in the average tin of store bought mushy peas? When you are trying to lose weight or change your lifestyle this is a lot of sugar to include in your main meal.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So juicy and full of flavour
- Reduced sugar content
- Syn Free on the Slimming World plan
- Perfect with fish and chips
- Vibrant and full of colour
- The whole family will love them
- Super easy to make
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Homemade Mushy Peas
- Food Processor [Or a masher would work]
- 500g Frozen Peas
- 3 Springs of Mint [Finely Chopped or Blended]
- 1 tbsp Quark
- 1 tsp Sweetener
- Pinch Salt
- Boil the peas until soft.
- Drain and add your mint, sweetener and salt.
- Blend until chunky in a food processor.
- Once blended stir in the quark. Pop back on the hob and heat through.