Minced Beef Pasta Bake | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Pasta bake is always a bit of a crowd pleaser, and this one is no exception. I always find pasta bakes are a hit with the kids and they are filling enough to feed a family of 4 – 6 people. This recipe has essentially been designed with Slimming World in mind, using Syn free ingredients. But it is perfectly healthy for WW followers or people following a calorie defecit.
This mince pasta bake is an indulgent, winter warming, pure comfort dish. Throw away the salads, it’s cold and we need stodge in our lives! It’s super easy to make and the perfect batch cook recipe as it freezes really well. This one is really cheeky too because we can hide some veggies in it and hopefully the kiddos won’t even notice (unless they are mine of course)!!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So quick and easy to make
- Perfect for the whole family
- Sneaky veggies
- Syn free when following the Slimming World plan
- Batch cook friendly
- Suitable for freezing
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate them in a covered container and enjoy within 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheating is easy! You can either microwave the leftovers on high power for a couple of minutes or pop back into the oven for around 10 minutes with a drop of water.
- Freezer: This recipe freezes really well, so it’s a great meal prep dish! Before you freeze it, be sure to allow it to cool first. Once it has cooled, transfer into a freezer container or bag. Allow to defrost before reheating as normal. I would recommend around 3 months in the freezer.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe uses all Syn Free ingredients and some of your Healthy Extra A allowance. It is perfectly Slimming World friendly. Remember to include some speed foods on your plate.
Also if you have any leftover veggies in the fridge you can finely chop and add them in this dish. Courgette, carrot, celery, onion, pepper would all work well.
Minced Beef Pasta Bake
- 300g Pasta [Any type, Dried]
- 500g Lean Mince Beef 5% Fat
- 1 Medium Carrot [Grated]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes, Can
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 180g Cheddar Cheese [Grated]
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions with 1 beef stock cube. Drain once cooked, retain around 100ml of the water and set to the side.
- Set the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan oven / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Spritz a pan with low calorie cooking spray (or oil, syn it) and cook the onion over a medium heat for around 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and carrot. Sauté for a further minute.
- Add the minced beef and cook until the meat has almost browned. Then, add basil, thyme, oregano, 1 crushed stock cube and salt. Cook until the meat has completely cooked and everything is mixed together nicely.
- Stir in the tomato puree, then add the chopped tomatoes. Simmer over a medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Pop the pasta into the pan and mix everything together ensuring everything is fully coated. Transfer all of this to a casserole/baking dish.
- Flatten the mixture out and top evenly with half of the grated cheese.
- Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with the rest of the grated cheese, return the oven for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.