Best Ever Vegan Leek & Potato Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
The best ever creamy and delicious vegan potato leek soup. This soup is hearty, comforting, filling and satisfying and you need to make a huge portion so you can enjoy it for days. This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but it would also be suitable for a WW follower or someone following a calorie deficit.
Now, I’ll admit, leeks are not particularly my favourite food…. but do you know what? Thrown into a soup with some delicious stodgy potatoes they are amazing! Prepare to be comforted! Nothing hits the spot or soothes the soul quite like a warm bowl of creamy soup. It took some tinkering, but I have created what I think is the best Vegan friendly leek and potato soup. Enjoy it… and don’t let it put you off just because it’s vegan.. it is absolutely delicious.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Vegan recipe
- Uses a Healthy Extra A
- Slimming World friendly
- Low in calories
- So creamy with no cream
- Suitable for freezing
- Perfect batch cook recipe
- Take to work for lunch
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Oh yes absolutely…
One of the annoying things about SW is that tinned soup contains Syns!! But make it yourself using Syn Free ingredients and you can devour until your hearts content (or should I say stomach if full?)
This recipe uses some of your Healthy Extra A portion, but it is totally worth it.. and if I am honest I have problems using it up most days anyway.
Related Article: What is Healthy Extra A?
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Best Ever Vegan Leek & Potato Soup
- 500g Leek [Sliced thinly]
- 500g Potatoes [Peeled, Cubed]
- 550ml Vegan friendly vegetable stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 400ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Ground Black pepper
- In a pan cook the garlic and leeks over a medium heat with a little low calorie cooking spray.
- Once the vegetables are slightly softened add the potatoes and stock.
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes over a medium heat until everything is soft.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the almond milk.
- Blend with a hand blender until completely smooth. Heat for a further few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.