Vegan Lemon Rice Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Vegan Lemon Rice Soup recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy to make! It’s comforting, quick and loaded with nutrients! Who knew a lemon soup could taste so amazing? Well you do now! This recipe has been created with Slimming World followers in mind but it is also suitable for WW followers and anyone following a calorie deficit.
This beautiful vegan Lemon Rice Soup is one of those comforting soup recipes that’s so surprisingly tasty. It is loaded with speedy vegetables, and keeps you feeling full and satisfied. You can easily make this vegan lemon soup with very simple ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge.
If you’ve made any of my soup recipes before, you’re probably pretty sick of reading all about how much I’m obsessed with soup. But I literally love the stuff!!! It’s warming, it’s filling, it makes for a light lunch or a hearty evening dinner, it’s perfect for sneaking veggies into kiddos… what is not to love about this awesome delicious liquid?
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Light, tasty and full of flavour
- Tangy and sweet
- Filling and delicious
- Freezes really well
- Syn Free when following Slimming World
- Only 91 calories per serving!
- Full of healthy nutrients
- Easy to swap out veggies for whatever you have available
What are the benefits of making a soup with lemons?
- It’s a great way to cut down on salt intake. There are some people that will actually add lemon juice to their recipes and soups over adding salt.
- Lemon is an appetite stimulant, so it will make all the other vegetables in this soup even more enjoyable! Perfect for those children who aren’t so keen on veggies.
- Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C, soluble fiber, and plant compounds that give them a number of health benefits. Lemons may aid weight loss and reduce your risk of heart disease, anemia, kidney stones, digestive issues, and cancer.
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 6 months. Thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Vegan Lemon Rice Soup
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 2 Large Carrots [Sliced]
- 3 Large Celery Stalks [Chopped]
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Courgette [Chopped]
- 100g White Rice, Long Grain [Uncooked weight]
- 950ml Vegan friendly vegetable stock
- 60ml Freshly squeezed lemon juice [Retain a tablespoon of zest]
- ½ tsp Oregano
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400ml Water
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- Spritz a pan with low cal cooking spray (such as Frylight) and throw in onion, carrot and celery. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add garlic, pepper, salt and oregano. Cook for a further 2 minutes. If the mixture is really dry add a splash of water.
- Add courgette and rice. Pour over the stock and extra water. Stir well and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for approx 25 – 30 minutes or until the rice is light and fluffy and the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half of the lemon juice. Taste and add additional lemon juice if you require. This is quite an acquired taste. You may find it will need some additional salt too.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.