Vegan Tofu Breakfast Scramble | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Discover a delightful and Slimming World-friendly breakfast or brunch option with our Syn-Free Tofu Breakfast Scramble.. This delicious dish combines the goodness of tofu, spinach and juicy cherry tomatoes, all seasoned to perfection without adding any Syns. Whether you’re following the Slimming World plan or simply seeking a healthy, guilt-free breakfast, this recipe is a savoury delight that’s big on flavor and low on Syns. Let’s dive into creating a wholesome meal that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds while staying on track with your goals!
Breakfast Tofu Scramble is a delicious testament to the exciting world of vegan cuisine that’s gaining popularity by the day. As plant-based options become more accessible and innovative, this savory scramble showcases how vegan food can be flavourful, satisfying, and brimming with colorful veggies. It’s not just for vegans anymore; people from all walks of life are embracing the diversity and deliciousness of plant-based dishes. Whether you’re fully committed to a vegan lifestyle or simply curious, this breakfast scramble offers a tasty glimpse into a culinary movement that’s taking the world by storm, one delicious bite at a time.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So easy to make
- Low in calories
- Syn Free
- Filling start to the day
- Full of flavour
- Only 121 calories per serving
Is Tofu a Free Food on the Slimming World plan?
Tofu, the versatile plant-based protein, is a Slimming World free food because it’s absolutely Syn-Free. This means you can enjoy its goodness without a second thought about Syn values. Whether you’re whipping up a tofu scramble for breakfast or incorporating it into a hearty stir-fry, you can relish its taste and benefits while staying firmly on your Slimming World journey. Tofu’s low-calorie and high-protein profile makes it a fantastic choice for those looking to maintain a healthy and satisfying diet without compromising on flavour.
I don’t like Spinach, can I Swap it for a different veggie?
Absolutely, you can customise your tofu scramble with a variety of vegetables to suit your preferences or to use what’s on hand. Here are some alternative vegetables you can incorporate into your tofu scramble:
Mushrooms: Sliced mushrooms add a meaty texture and earthy flavor to the scramble.
Courgette: Diced zucchini brings a mild, slightly sweet taste and extra crunch.
Broccoli: Small broccoli florets provide a delightful crunch and a touch of bitterness.
Kale: Chopped kale leaves are nutrient-dense and add a hearty, slightly bitter flavor.
Red or Green Bell Pepper: or even Orange or Yellow.
Sweet Corn: Corn kernels bring a touch of sweetness and pop to the scramble.
Peas: Green peas are a classic addition, adding a bit of natural sweetness and color.
Feel free to mix and match these vegetables or use whatever you have in your kitchen. Tofu scrambles are wonderfully versatile, allowing you to create a new flavor experience with each variation.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge:Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat: When reheating, you can gently heat it in a pan or the microwave, adding a splash of water or vegetable broth to maintain its moisture and prevent it from drying out. Remember to adjust the seasoning if needed before serving the reheated tofu scramble.
- Freezer: It’s not recommended to freeze this dish. Freezing tofu can change its texture, making it crumbly and somewhat spongy upon thawing.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Breakfast Tofu Scramble
- 400g Firm Tofu
- 1 Red Bell Pepper [Sliced into large chunks]
- 1 Small Onion [Diced]
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes [Halved]
- 100g Fresh Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Prepare the Tofu: Begin by draining the tofu and pressing it to remove excess moisture. You can use a tofu press or place the tofu between paper towels with something heavy on top (like a pan) for about 15-20 minutes. Then crumble the tofu into small pieces using your hands or a fork until it resembles the texture of scrambled eggs.
- Sauté the Veggies: Heat some cooking spray in a large pan over medium heat. Add the diced onions and bell peppers, and sauté until they become soft and slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and Spices: Stir in the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds until fragrant. Then, add the turmeric, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper. These spices will give your tofu scramble a delightful flavor and a vibrant yellow color.
- Incorporate Tofu and Spinach: Add the crumbled tofu to the skillet, stirring to combine it with the sautéed veggies and spices. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the tofu to absorb the flavors and develop a slightly crispy texture. During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, gently fold in the spinach.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the tofu scramble and adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper, or spices if needed.
- Serve: Transfer the tofu scramble to serving plates, garnish with cherry tomatoes.