Beef Bourguignon | Slimming World Friendly Recipe ￼￼
The flavour of this beef bourguignon recipe is deep, rich, and beyond delicious. Beef Bourguignon is really just a fancy name for an easy-to-make, family beef stew, but that’s okay because the whole family will love it even the kiddos! This recipe is perfect for anyone who is following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled plan.
The key to sticking with Slimming World (or any weight loss plan) is cooking from scratch, keeping it real and keeping it interesting! If you eat the same boring meals every night you will not stick to it! For me the recipes I look for are dishes the whole family will eat together. I am not a fan of cooking and eating separate meals. Not only can this stop me from being included in the family meal but I feel it can send out bad messages to my children. I feel this recipe will be loved by all, it is fresh, healthy and delicious too!
Even better, Beef Bourguignon’s flavours deepen over time, making it the perfect batch cook recipe. Heating it up one or two days later increases the taste. If you have a lot of family/friends coming for for dinner you could prepare this the day before and heat up on the day!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s delicious, full of flavour and the beef is so tender.
- It is perfect for batch cooking and reheating even days later.
- Each serving is low in Syns.
- A simple yet tasty recipe that will impress anyone.
- It’s great for the whole family
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or over the stove in a pan.
- Freezer: Freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Just remember to thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely yes! Even though we are using Red wine, each portion is still low in Syns. Don’t skimp on the ingredients and use those Syns… thats why we have them.
- 600g Diced Lean Beef
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 750ml Black Tower Red Wine [Or another cheap Red wine]
- 1 Beef Stock Cubes
- 4 Small Carrots [Sliced]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, roughly chopped]
- 3 Bacon Medallions [Roughly sliced]
- 200g Button Mushrooms [Halved]
- 1 tsbp Tomato Puree
- 12g Plain Flour
- Put the beef into a bowl, then pour in the wine, add a sprinkle of Black pepper and the bay leaves. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight (at least 12 hours or longer).
- Next day: Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Heat a large pan and brown the beef using a low calorie cooking spray (or Syn some oil into the recipe). Retain the wine in the bowl for now.
- Over a medium heat add around a quarter of the wine, carrots and onion. Cover with a lid and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the plain flour, crushed stock cube, tomato puree, bacon and mushrooms. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put everything (including all of the wine) into a casserole dish. Cover and place into the oven for 2 hours until the beef is delicious and tender.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Always fantastic recipes,Thankyou
Thanks Jenny 🙂 x
I will definitely be making this on Sunday. Sounds delicious 😋
A perfect Sunday dish… would be perfect with a Yorkshire pudding or two as well 🙂 x
Sounds yummy 😋going do this on Sunday with a bottle of red left over from Xmas 🍷Thanks for the recipe x