Best Ever Low-Fat Smarties Cookies Recipe
Indulging in sweet treats while trying to lose weight can certainly be a challenge for most. But my ‘Best Ever Low-Fat Smarties Cookies’ recipe offers a cheeky solution. These scrumptious cookies are not only a delightful treat but are also suitable for those following a low-calorie diet or the Slimming World plan. Packed with vibrant Smarties, these cookies prove that you can enjoy a touch of sweetness without compromising your diet goals. Let’s dive into this guilt-free and delicious cookie adventure.
Who said you can’t have fun while dieting? These cookies bring a burst of colour and flavour to your day. Just imagine indulging in a crunchy cookie with the surprise of Smarties in every bite – it’s like a mini celebration in your mouth! You can even involve the whole family in baking these goodies, making it a fun and wholesome activity.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Delicious Indulgence: These cookies offer a cheeky way to indulge in a sweet treat without straying from your weight loss journey.
- Low-Calorie: Perfect for calorie-conscious individuals, each cookie is only 139 calories.
- Slimming World-Friendly: If you’re following Slimming World guidelines, these cookies fit right into your plan.
- Fun and Colourful: The vibrant Smarties add a fun and colourful twist to your traditional cookie experience.
- Family-Friendly: Baking these cookies is a fantastic activity for the whole family, bringing everyone together in the kitchen.
- Surprise in Every Bite: Smarties in every bite bring a delightful surprise that will keep you coming back for more.
- Balanced Ingredients: Made with whole wheat flour and less sugar, these cookies are a healthier alternative to standard cookies.
- Simple and Quick: This recipe is straightforward and doesn’t require hours of preparation, making it perfect for busy lifestyles.
- Satisfies Sweet Tooth: When that sweet craving hits, these cookies are your satisfying solution without overindulging.
- Versatile Snack: Enjoy them as an afternoon pick-me-up, a lunchbox treat, or as a reward for staying on track with your diet goals.
- Batch cook friendly: These cookies can even be frozen successfully.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Room Temperature: If you plan to consume the cookies within a few days, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Make sure the cookies are completely cool before placing them in the container. They should stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
- Fridge: If you want to extend their shelf life, you can refrigerate the cookies in an airtight container. Refrigeration will keep them fresh for up to a week.
- Freezer:For longer storage, consider freezing the cookies. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until they’re firm. Then, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag, placing parchment paper or plastic wrap between layers to prevent sticking. Properly stored, they can stay good for up to 2-3 months. Thaw frozen cookies at room temperature or in the refrigerator before enjoying.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Best Ever Low-Fat Smarties Cookies
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- 100g Unsalted Butter [Softened]
- 75g Sweetener
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt
- 50g Smarties [Crushed/Broken]
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have any paper you can slightly grease it.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and the granulated sweetener until well combined.
- Add the egg, yoghurt and vanilla extract to the butter sweetener mixture and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until a cookie dough forms. If the dough appears too sticky, you can add a little more flour (10-20g) until it reaches a workable consistency.
- Gently fold in the broken Smarties.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Use a fork or the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie slightly, as they won't spread much during baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.