Spiced Carrot and Lentil Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Carrot and Lentil soup is super cheap to make as well as easy to create and healthy too. It’s full of protein, tasty, really hearty and comforting. This is one of the cheapest soups you can make, and full of flavour. This recipe has been created with Slimming World followers in mind, but it is also suitable for WW followers and someone following a calorie deficit.
Lentils are a really good budget ingredient and you can buy them in bulk too. Like other pulses, they are a good source of protein, Syn Free when following Slimming World and they are low in fat too. We add lentils to so many dishes like curries or pies to bulk them out in replace of some of the meat to save calories and money.
This soup is one of those throw everything in kinda recipes, so don’t sit there saying you don’t have the time to create a homemade soup! It’s super easy I promise…. Also if you don’t like it too spicy, feel free to remove the chilli powder.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Packed full of protein
- Great on a budget
- Perfect for the whole family
- Syn Free when following Slimming World
- Low in fat and calories
- Great for freezing
- Perfect batch cook recipe
- A heart filling lunch
- Take it in your lunch box
- Full of flavour
- Only 208 calories per portion
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 6 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. be sure to allow for your Healthy Extra A but the rest of the Ingredients are all classed as Syn Free.
Related Article: What is Healthy Extra A?
Looking to take this soup to work?
My dad actually recommended this product after he started his weight loss journey. He is obsessed with homemade soup (and his soup maker may I add..) and he was desperate to take soup to work. His company is tight and wouldn’t fork out for a microwave so he invested in this awesome soup thermos. It will keep food hot for up to 6 hours! Perfect for soup, porridge, curry etc.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Spiced Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Food processor or hand blender
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 600g Carrots [Grated]
- 130g Split Red Lentils
- 850ml Boiling vegetable Stock
- 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Put everything into a pan, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 15 – 20 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Whizz with a food processor or hand blender until smooth. Season to taste if required.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
Could you make it in a soup maker instead?
I have not tried this but if you do give it a go let me know how you get on 🙂