Healthy Carrot Muffin Recipe
These delicious carrot muffins are not too sweet, are really soft, moist and have just the perfect amount of spice. They make a perfect healthy snack, breakfast or lunch box treat too! This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but is also suitable for people following the WW plan or a calorie deficit,
I baked with my youngest last weekend and we came up with these super carrot muffins! They honestly didn’t last long at all, and did my eldest know they were full of carrot? Errrm nope!
They make a really great breakfast treat served alongside fruit and yogurt. They are quick and easy to throw together and they taste absolutely delicious.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Ease – The recipe comes together so easily
- Texture – They are so soft and moist
- Make the perfect breakfast
- Great for snacking or in the lunch box
- Really delicious
- Will keep for days
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Store: Allow to cool and place in a suitable airtight container or tin. Keep for up to 5 days in a cool dry place.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable container or bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Healthy Carrot Muffins
- 15 Muffin Cases
- Muffin Tray
- 150g Cooking Butter [Recommend Stork]
- 250g Carrots [Peeled, grated]
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 5 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- 180g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs [Beaten]
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6/fan 180C.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Combine the carrots, sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the bowl.
- Add the eggs and yoghurt. Then beat the mixture together.
- Line a muffin tray with 15 muffin cases and divide the mixture equally between them. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Use a knife, push into the centre of the muffin to see if it is cooked. If any residue is on the knife pop back into the oven.