Quick and Easy Simple Chicken Curry | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Indulging in a delicious and satisfying chicken curry while staying within your dietary goals is not only possible but also incredibly delicious! In this post, we’re about to embark on a culinary journey that will tantalise your taste buds without adding any syns to your daily count. That’s right, we’re diving into the world of syn-free chicken curry.
Whether you’re following Slimming World or just want to enjoy a guilt-free meal, this recipe has got you covered. Join us as we explore the aromatic spices, wholesome ingredients, and step-by-step instructions to create a curry that’s both wholesome and full of flavor. Get ready to savor every bite, guilt-free!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy to make
- Full of Flavour
- Not too spicy
- Syn free
- Low in calories
Can I use something other than Chicken in this curry recipe?
Of course, you can absolutely swap the chicken for another type of meat in your Quick and Easy Simple Chicken Curry while still keeping it Slimming World-friendly. Here are some meat options you can consider:
Turkey: Lean turkey chunks are a healthy alternative to chicken. It has a mild flavour that works well with curry spices.
Lean Beef: Opt for lean cuts of beef, such as sirloin or tenderloin, and slice them into thin strips. Beef can add a rich and hearty flavour to your curry.
Pork: Choose lean cuts of pork, like pork tenderloin or loin chops, and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Pork pairs nicely with curry seasonings.
Lean Lamb: If you enjoy the taste of lamb, opt for lean cuts like leg of lamb or lamb loin and cut them into cubes. Lamb can add a unique and savoury twist to your curry.
Remember to adjust the cooking times based on the type of meat you choose to ensure it’s fully cooked and safe to eat. Enjoy your customized Slimming World-friendly curry with the meat of your choice!
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This curry will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob. Add a few drops of water before reheating.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This curry will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. Allow to defrost before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Quick and Simple Chicken Curry
- 500g Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Red Bell Pepper [Diced]
- 1 Green Bell Pepper [Diced]
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper [Diced]
- 400g Can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g Can of drained chickpeas
- 250ml Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Natural or Greek Style Yoghurt [Room Temperature]
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Lime Juice
- Low fat cooking spray
- Heat a large, deep frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Add the chopped onions and cook until they become soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and grated ginger. Sauté for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add the diced chicken pieces to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle the ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, paprika, and chili powder over the chicken. Stir well to coat the chicken evenly with the spices.
- Add the diced bell peppers to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Pour in the canned chopped tomatoes, lime juice and chicken stock. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the pan. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir everything together.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and let the curry simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning or spice level as desired. Stir through the yoghurt.
- Serve over rice or with your choice of side.