Slow Cooker Chicken Bhuna | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This easy and delicious Slow Cooked Chicken Bhuna is perfect on those busy days where you just need to chuck everything in and let it cook. There really is only around 15 minutes of prep and then you let the slow cooker do the hard work. Make more, then freeze some, and you’ll have an even easier meal next time! This recipe is absolutely perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan because it’s completely Syn free.
This Slow Cooked Chicken Bhuna is so easy to make it’s probably one of the lowest effort recipes on this blog. Everything is made in one pot so there is minimal mess and even the prep only takes around 15 minutes. This curry is absolutely perfect for serving on a ‘fakeaway’ night with friends and family! Honestly they won’t even know it’s Slimming World friendly.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Absolutely full of flavour you will be going back for seconds
- Full of protein
- Syn free on the Slimming World plan
- Low in calories
- Makes a great fakeaway dish
- So easy to make
- Juicy and tender chicken
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It tastes even better the next day!
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob. Add a little water if needed.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
I am not sure a dish can get any more Slimming World friendly than this one. Full of Syn free chicken offering lot’s of protein, speedy veggies and using all Syn free ingredients.
What can I serve my delicious Chicken Bhuna with?
I have plenty of Indian recipes to compliment this dish….
Can you recommend a good Slow Cooker?
At the moment I am loving the Morphy Richards Sear and Stew 3.5 Litre Oval Slow Cooker Titanium The colour is stunning and I am loving the fact you can use the pan of the slow cooker to sear your meat. Less mess and washing up!
Slow Cooker Chicken Bhuna
- Slow Cooker
- 500g Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs [Each Sliced into 3 or 4 pieces]
- 1 Large Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 Green Chilli [Deseeded, Thinly Sliced]
- 10 Baby Tomatoes [Sliced in half]
- 1 tsp Dried Coriander
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Hot Curry Powder
- 3 tsp Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- Literally chuck everything (other than the baby tomatoes) into the slow cooker.
- Combine and stir until everything is mixed together and covered well.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours. Remove the lid and throw in the baby tomatoes for the final hour.