Spicy Ginger Chicken Stir Fry | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Embracing a healthier lifestyle often means reimagining beloved dishes to align with your goals. And when it comes to redefining the boundaries of flavour and health-conscious cooking, Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry enters the scene as a vibrant hero. Infused with the bold flavours of ginger, the kick of chilies, and the tenderness of succulent chicken, this dish is a culinary masterpiece that is made just for Slimming World followers. It proves that you can savour the exotic while staying firmly committed to your Slimming World journey.
You know, there are days when you crave a meal that’s both exciting and wholesome, and that’s exactly where this Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry comes into play. It’s like a flavour-packed journey to Asia right in your own kitchen! Picture this: succulent chicken pieces mingling with fiery ginger, colourful bell peppers, and zucchini in a sizzling pan. It’s a dish that brings the heat and the heartiness, perfect for those evenings when you want something comforting but with a zesty twist. Plus, it’s got that Slimming World-friendly edge, so you can savour every bite without a hint of guilt.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Zesty and Spicy
- Tender chicken pieces
- Full of flavour
- Quick mid-week meal
- Batch cook friendly
- Slimming World friendly
- Half a Syn per serving
- Easy to make
Could this Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry be made vegetarian friendly?
Absolutely, you can easily transform this Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry into a delectable vegetarian dish! Simply swap out the chicken for your favourite vegetarian protein, such as tofu, Quorn pieces, tempeh, or even seitan. These alternatives absorb flavours wonderfully and offer a similar texture to meat. Or simply remove the chicken and add extra veggies such as carrot, mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, beansprouts etc. This is an extremely versatile dish that can work well with anything you have left over in the fridge.
Could the Chicken be swapped for another meat in Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry?
Certainly, you have the flexibility to swap the chicken in this Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry with another meat of your choice. Beef, turkey, pork, shrimp, or even thinly sliced strips of steak can be fantastic alternatives, offering their unique textures and flavours to the dish. Each meat brings its own charm and pairs wonderfully with the ginger and spice-infused stir fry sauce.
Are there any other veggies I could add/swap to Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry?
Absolutely, you have a world of options when it comes to adding more veggies to your Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry. This recipe is incredibly versatile and welcomes a colourful array of vegetables to the party. Snow peas, broccoli florets, baby corn, carrots, or even mushrooms are fantastic choices that can enhance both the flavour and texture of your stir fry. Feel free to get creative and mix and match according to your preferences or whatever happens to be in your fridge.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This pasta will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This pasta will keep in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Allow to defrost before reheating.
Reheating Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry
Using a Microwave:
Transfer the desired portion of stir fry to a microwave-safe dish.
Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a small vent to allow steam to escape.
Heat the stir fry on high in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on the portion size and the power of your microwave. Stir the stir fry halfway through the heating time.
Check the temperature to ensure it’s piping hot throughout. If it’s not heated through, continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it reaches the desired temperature.
Using a hob:
Heat a non-stick pan or wok over medium heat.
Add the leftover stir fry to the pan and stir occasionally to evenly distribute the heat.
Heat for 3-5 minutes or until the stir fry is thoroughly warmed.
Check the temperature to ensure it’s piping hot throughout.
Once reheated, your Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry should be as delicious as when you first made it. Enjoy!
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Spicy Chicken Ginger Stir Fry
- 500g Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast [Diced]
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Clove Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Medium Chilli Powder
- Pinch Salt
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Yellow Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Large Courgette [Sliced]
- 1 Onion [Diced]
- 2 Clove Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 Red or Green Chilli [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Marinate the Chicken:In a bowl, combine the diced chicken with the soy sauce, grated ginger, garlic, chilli powder and salt. Mix well to coat the chicken evenly in the marinade. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Prepare the Stir Fry Sauce:In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Stir Fry the Vegetables:Spritz a pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.Add the sliced red and yellow bell peppers, courgettes, chilli and onion to the pan. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to soften but are still crisp-tender.Add the garlic and grated ginger to the vegetables. Continue to stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Cook the Chicken:Push the vegetables to the side of the pan to create a space in the center.Add the marinated chicken to the center of the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Combine and Finish:Pour the prepared stir fry sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables.Stir everything together, ensuring the sauce coats all the ingredients evenly. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.Serve with noodles or rice and enjoy.