Chicken And Bacon Pasta | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
If you thought you had to give up the creamy, savory goodness of pasta while on a Slimming World journey, think again! Our Chicken and Bacon Pasta recipe is here to prove that healthy eating doesn’t mean sacrificing flavour. With tender chunks of chicken, smoky lean bacon, and a velvety, low-fat sauce, this dish will satisfy your comfort food cravings without a hint of guilt.
In this Slimming World-friendly recipe, we’ve carefully balanced the ingredients to ensure you can enjoy a hearty, indulgent meal without compromising your wellness goals. Each creamy bite is a testament to the magic of wholesome ingredients and mindful cooking.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It is completely Syn free when following the Slimming World plan and full of speedy vegetables to aid weight loss.
- Tasty, healthy and very filling.
- Really quick and easy to make. Minimal effort and the whole family will love it.
- A great way to get rid of lots of your leftovers.
- Great for families on a budget.
Do you need to rinse pasta?
- If you are using gluten free style pasta I would recommend rinsing with cold water after cooking to prevent it from building up a goo.
- If you are using regular dried pasta I would recommend that you do not rinse it with cold water. Rinsing pasta with cold water removes the starch which helps absorb the taste and sauce.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Oh yes, this recipe could not be anymore Slimming World friendly! It is full of free foods and speedy vegetables too. Healthy, filling and no need to weigh or measure your portions. Eat until full!
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: After cooling you can store this recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheating on the stove: On a low/medium heat add the pasta to a pan and stir constantly until reheated all the way through. Reheating in the microwave: Cook for 1 and a half minutes, stir, and cook for a further minute. Check it is piping hot before serving.
- Freezer: After cooling you can store this recipe in an airtight contained in the freezer for up to 1 month. Just remember to thaw before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Chicken And Bacon Pasta
- 250g Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast (diced)
- 4 Bacon Medallions (roughly chopped)
- 200g Dried Pasta
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Red Pepper (de seeded and diced)
- 4 Large Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and grated)
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- Chicken Stock Cube
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 250g Passata
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Add water to a pan and bring to boil. Add the pasta and allow to simmer until cooked.
- In a seperate pan spritz with a little Frylight, bring to a medium heat and then add garlic, onion, red pepper, mushroom, crumbled chicken stock cube and 100ml boiling water. Allow to simmer until most of the water as absorbed and the vegetables are softened.
- Add basil, salt and pepper, chicken and bacon to the pan. Stir fry until the chicken and bacon are cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer, stiring often until all of the liquid has boiled away.
- Add the passata, making sure all of the mixture is coated. Allow to simmer on a low heat for a few minutes ensure everything is piping hot.