Even though I lived in Spain for 2 years I have never actually ever had a Paella (I know.. shock horror). Since I am not a massive fan of seafood I thought I would give this chicken paella a go and I am glad I did because its rather delicious.
Servings: 3-4 Portions
Syns: Syn Free
1 Medium Sized Onion, Diced
100g Mushrooms, Sliced
450g Chicken Breast, Diced
3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed (or 3 Tsp Crushed Garlic)
3 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Basil
400g Long-Grain Rice
200g Chopped Tomatoes
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Red Pepper (Or any colour you fancy)
750ml Boiling Chicken Stock
100g Frozen Peas (Or you could use sweetcorn)
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
This recipe works well with a large pan with tight fitting lid.
- Spritz a large deep pan with Frylight and add onion, mushrooms, pepper, chicken and garlic. Heat through for 5 minutes.
- Add a few tbsp of water and then add all spices and tomato puree. Cook for another 5 minutes.(Covering with a lid if possible)
- Add the uncooked rice to the pan and stir ensuring the rice is full covered in the mixture.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and boiling stock. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 15 – 20 minutes until rice is cooked..
- Add the frozen peas to the mixture and recover. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook on a higher heat to reduce the liquid for around 10 minutes or until the mixture looks dry.
- Stir the mixture and serve.
Have you created this meal? Please tag me in your photos on Instagram and you might get featured on my blog. Visit me on Instagram @fatgirlskinny__
Do you need some support? Are you lacking in inspiration? Join our Facebook page to make new Slimming World friends.