Cheese Muffins | Slimming World Recipe
Delicious low fat 2 Syn cheese muffins.. Perfect for Breakfast, Lunch or just a cheeky snack.
Today I have my baking hat on and I had some leftover Quark in the fridge. One of the questions I receive often is “What can I do with this weird Quark stuff?” Quark is slightly odd but it is amazing for creating sauces and baking too. I was really craving something savoury and cheesy so I have created these bad boys for you to try. They are just 2 Syns each if you allow for your Healthy Extra allowance.
The whole recipe uses 3 Healthy extra A allowances so I will let you divide and eat accordingly. I used 30% less fat Extra Mature cheddar but you are welcome to use the cheese you prefer. The recipe could easily take a little more or less cheese. If you don’t use the Muffins as a healthy extra choice please add 1 Syn per muffin.
They are very easy to make and only require 1 bowl, 1 muffin tin, ideally an electric hand mixer, kitchen scales and 1 cheese grater.
These muffins will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge as long as you keep them in an air tight container. Kept out of the fridge probably 2 days. But I don’t think they will be around for very long in this house… These would be a perfect recipe to create for Group taster sessions.
SERVINGS: 12 Muffins
SYNS: 2 Syns Per Muffin (Using Healthy Extra)
- 150g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Plain Quark
- 2 Eggs
- 120g 30% Reduced Fat Extra Mature Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 Heaped Tsp Mustard Powder
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 3/170c Fan.
- Spritz a spray of Frylight into each hole on a muffin tin. This mixture will make 12 muffins.
- In a large bowl Flour, Quark, Eggs, Baking Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, Dried mixed herbs and Mustard Powder. Use an electric hand mixer to beat the mixture until firm.
- Grate 90% of the cheese into the bowl and use a metal spoon to fold into the mixture.
- Use two metal spoons to distribute the mixture into the muffin tin evenly. Grate the remainder of the cheese on top of each muffin.
- Place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Use a sharp knife to push into the middle of each muffin. If there is any mixture on the knife they need longer.
- Cool on a wire rack or plate before devouring.