Best Ever Cheese Muffins | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These Cheese Muffins will disappear in seconds, I know because they did!! Quick and easy, these savoury muffins are moist inside and golden crusty on the outside. Honestly you need to keep a stash for snacking, pop them in lunch boxes or serve a bowl of these with homemade soup!
So basically, these muffins are for every cheese loving, carb munching, stodge lover around! Inhale, take in that smell.. they are divine! They are literally only 2 Syns per muffin.. yes I said 2!! Make yourself a Syn free homemade batch of soup and dip these little beauties until your hearts content!! The only problem is… stopping! They are so addictive and more-ish you may have to give them away to neighbours to stop yourself from eating them all.
I made a batch of these last week for the family! My littlest (3) kept asking if I was baking cookies.. I said “no” obviously and explained they were actually cheese muffins. The look of disgust on his face was like I had told him Santa wasn’t real. He described them as “gross” and off he went back to his iPad! (Yes I give my kids iPad time for peace). 15 minutes this later this same child was scoffing a muffin in his mouth whilst asking for another one. So I can guarantee they are child friendly and perfect for a lunch box treat too.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Perfect lunch box treat
- Great for soup dipping
- Lovely filled with cream cheese and ham
- Perfect for batch cooking
- Only 2 Syns per muffin
- They smell divine
- Family friendly
- So quick and easy to make
- Fabulous Slimming World group taster session idea
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers an airtight container or cake tin for up to 3-4 days.
- Reheat: These can be reheated in the oven with a splash or water but honestly they are best fresh from the oven on day 1 or eaten cold.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating or eating cold.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. be sure to allow for your Healthy Extra A. So 4 muffins would be one of your healthy extra A portions for the day.
4 Muffins = 1 HEX-A + 8 Syns
2 Muffins = 1/2 HEX-A + 4 Syns
You get the idea….
Best Ever Cheese Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Cases [Optional]
- 150g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Plain Quark
- 2 Eggs
- 120g 30% Reduced Fat Extra Mature Cheese [Grated]
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4/160c Fan.
- Spritz a spray of low calorie cooking spray into each hole on a muffin tin or place muffin cases into the holes instead.
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients except the cheese.
- Mix together or use a hand blender to mix together. You should be left with a stiff sticky mixture.
- Fold in the grated cheese with a metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin holes/cases. This is easier using two metal spoons.
- Place into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Use a sharp knife to push into the middle of each muffin. If the knife is dry they are ready.
- Cool on a wire rack or plate before devouring.