A fantastic winter warmer… Syn Free cottage pie recipe (on extra easy).. It tastes absolutely gorgeous and perfect to feed the whole family.
You could even do the mince part in the slow cooker if you fancy 🙂
Ingredients: (serves 3 – 4)
- 250g of 5% fat lean beef mince
- 5 x Large potatoes
- 2 x Beef stock cubes
- 1/2 Tsp of Basil
- 1 x Clove of garlic crushed (or 1 garlic clove)
- 1/4 Pint of boiling water
- 2 x Large carrots sliced (or frozen is okay)
- 1/2 cup of peas (frozen is okay)
- 1/2 Cup of sweetcorn (frozen is okay)
- 1/2 diced onion
- 3 or 4 medium mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Low fat cheese (optional) HEX-A
- Heat the oven to 180°c
- Peel potatoes, chop, place in a pan of boiling water and cook until mashable (i find it best not to cook them until too soft.. )
- Slice carrots and boil them in a small pan alone until softened.
- Spray a little frylight into a pan and fry the beef mince with the garlic until browned. Add onion and mushroom, fry until soft.
- Add basil and crush two stock cubes into the pan and add 1/4 pint of boiling water. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes and softened carrots and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mash the potatoes roughly with a little salt and pepper.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with mince mixture and top with the mash potato.
- Cook in the oven covered for 40 minutes… then remove the lid for the final 20 minutes (at this time you could add some grated cheese out of your HEX-A allowance)
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw