Best Ever Cheese Scones | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These Cheese Scones are delicious and crunchy on the outside but incredibly soft and fluffy on the inside. They are so cheesy and make the perfect lunch time treat. Enjoy them fresh from the oven or save them for later. Either way they are perfect for any one following the Slimming World plan or a calorie deficit.
I have been making this Cheese Scone Recipe for years so when I say it’s pretty fool proof I really do mean it! You make the whole recipe all in one bowl, with minimal mess and it only takes 5-10 minutes. Then throw them in the oven and you’ll have the perfect afternoon snack in 20 – 25 minutes.
You don’t need anything fancy to make these scones, just a standard baking tray, a bowl and the enthusiasm to bake.
The most important thing to remember when making scones is to work the dough as little as possible. It is the exact opposite of breadmaking, where lots of kneading makes for an excellent loaf.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Quick and easy to make
- Minimal mess
- Makes the perfect low syn snack
- Kids love to help and eat them too
- Great batch cook recipe
- Perfect for the lunch box
- A great side to soup
- So cheesy and tasty
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: The scones will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days but nothing beats a freshly baked cheese scone, still warm from the oven!
- Reheat: It’s best to warm the scone up slightly in the oven or microwave before serving to freshen it up a little.
- Freezer: These scones freeze really well. Let them cool before freezing. Place in a re-sealable bag or airtight container to protect from freezer burn (a sheet of waxed or parchment paper between them isn’t a bad idea to keep them from sticking to one another). Defrost before enjoying or reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Many moons ago these scones were classed as Syn free.. it was a sad day when SW decided to Syn Smash.
25g Dried Smash is worth 4.5 Syns.
This sadly means the scones are classed as 2.5 Syns per scone.
But hey, they are delicious and so worth it!! Syns are there to be used right?
Best Ever Cheese Scones
- 40 Grams Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese (Using Healthy Extra A), Grated
- 100 Grams Smash (Dried)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 300 Grams Fat Free Cottage Cheese with Onion & Chives
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch Dried Mixed Herbs
- Frylight or low fat cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/ Gas mark 6.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add half of the cottage cheese. I suggest using a hand blender to mix this together or whisk at a very high speed.
- Add the remainder of the cottage cheese along with the salt and pepper. Continue to mix until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the Smash, baking powder and grated cheese. Fold together until you form a dry dough like mixture.
- Spray a baking tray with Frylight or line with grease proof paper.
- Form 7 Scone like shapes and place onto the tray. Spritz the tops with a little Frylight and place into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack or plate before serving with your choice of filling.