Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast In Bacon | Slimming World Recipe
This stuffed chicken in bacon recipe is amazing. It is absolutely perfect for a family meal or to impress people at a dinner party. Syn Free too so even better 🙂 I can high recommend serving with vegetables, boiled new potatoes or rice.
If you want to make this even more naughty you can add your cheddar cheese healthy extra A allowance underneath the bacon.
2 Large Skinless Chicken Breasts
6 Unsmoked Bacon Medallions
2 Tbsp Dried Basil
2 Tbsp Quark
1/2 Tsp Mild Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and Spritz a baking tray with Frylight to prevent sticking.
- With a sharp knife, cut a 4 – 5cm slit into the side of each chicken breast. Do not cut all the way through the chicken.
- Take a small mixing bowl and add Quark, Garlic granules, Chilli Powder, Basil and season with Salt & Pepper. Mix together.
- Open the chicken breasts and fill each of them with 1 Tbsp of pesto.
- Wrap 3 Bacon Medallions around each chicken breast covering the slit. Use cocktail sticks to help keep the bacon in place. These will be removed when the chicken is cooked.
- Place onto the baking tray and spritz each chicken breast with Frylight.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.