This recipe is such a quick and simple way of creating Syn free roast potatoes without using lots of fat or excessive Frylight. This method creates perfect potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
One of the things I miss about our roast dinner is delicious crispy fatty roast potatoes. Well look what I have discovered… a stock cube can make the most fantastic potatoes.
The tip is to get pan hot in the oven and giving them a good bash about in the saucepan after par boiling to get them nice and fluffy.. This will help to create the perfect roast potato.
I love adding dried Rosemary to the potatoes. Using fresh Rosemary is usually better but it’s not always easy to keep this fresh. I also always use reduced salt OXO cubes too. They retain the same taste but reduce the salt content massively.
- Pre heat oven to 180c and place a roasting tin in the oven to heat.
- Heat some water in a pan to boiling point.
- Roughly peel potatoes and slice to size.
- Place potatoes In the pan and par boil for around 5-6 minutes.
- Add boiling water to an average sized mug, crumble the stock cube into the mug and stir.
- Drain the potatoes and bash about in the pan to fluff them up.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven, place the potatoes in, pour over the stock and then spritz each potato with Frylight.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven for around 30 – 40 minutes or until the stock has been fully absorbed and the potatoes are crispy.
Recipe Created by Fatgirlskinny. Please do not use or recreate this recipe without prior permission.
Even my Instagram followers are loving this recipe..