Creamy Salmon Pasta | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This beautiful slimming friendly creamy salmon pasta recipe is a great way to show off what an amazing chef you are. Simple yet impressive, this is a perfect recipe for a dinner party or to feed the whole family. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Guess what? I am actually not a fan of salmon… well honestly I can’t stand the stuff. But thrown into this beautiful creamy pasta recipe it is simply delicious and just works! So if you aren’t a fan of salmon, or fish in general (like me) please don’t run away. Give it a chance because you might surprise yourself!
What make’s this creamy salmon pasta so good?
- Firstly using real cream.. there are not many Slimming friendly recipes which still use real cream! No quark here I promise!
- It’s easy to make, minimal effort and you don’t need to be a top chef to throw it together.
- It’s so tasty, the whole family will be impressed or it’s perfect for date night!
- A slow and simple way to introduce you to seafood.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe is unofficial and has not been verified by Slimming World. But using mainly Syn Free ingredients Fatgirlskinny has estimated this dish to be worth 6 Syns per serving. This may seem high, and I know most followers prefer to use their Syns on something naughty. But honestly this pasta is just so worth it!
Is this recipe WW friendly?
Since Weight Watchers introduced the new Personal Points plan it is harder to calculate points. Currently I do not have this information available for the recipe. However all of our recipes are healthy and low in calories so should always be WW friendly.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
While I love recipes where leftovers can be reheated for lunch the next day or even frozen this recipe is definitely one that is best eaten immediately.
Seafood never reheats well, and cream sauce tends to break when reheating. I also don’t recommend freezing this.
This recipe will easily feed a family of four, so if this is too much for you I would highly recommend cutting the recipe in half.
If you are looking for batch cook friendly dishes that are suitable for freezing I have an entire selection of recipes available here.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Low calorie cooking spray/Frylight
- 500g Salmon Fillet
- 350g Linguine Pasta [Dried Weight]
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 100ml Double Cream [Room temperature]
- 100g Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt [Room temperature]
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 90g Fresh Spinach [Very finely shredded]
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Mustard Powder
- Pinch Fresh Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 6.
- Spray a baking tray with Frylight. Place the salmon skin side down. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Bake in the oven for 12 – 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to package instructions.
- In a large pan, spritz with Frylight and over a medium heat cook the garlic.
- Add the cream, yogurt, lemon juice, pinch salt, mustard powder and thyme. Bring to the boil, then reduce and cook slowly, stirring often until sauce has thickened.
- Drain the linguine and add to the sauce. Chuck in the spinach and mix everything together. Heat for 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove salmon from oven. Slip a spatula between salmon skin and flesh to remove skin. Break the salmon into large chunks and fold into the pasta gently before serving.