Made with literally just four ingredients, this delicious healthy version of lemon curd the perfect for adding a punch of flavour to your breakfasts or snacks this week. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This tangy lemon curd is delicious in overnight oats, on pancakes, on toast.. well pretty much on anything! While it does require a little bit of work, it comes together quickly and only requires 4 simple ingredients.
My boys absolutely love this healthier version of lemon curd, especially on toast for breakfast!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE….
Packed with bright, colourful, tangy lemon flavour.
Delicious without being full of sugar.
Syn Free* when following the Slimming World plan.
Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
IS THIS LEMON CURD SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
I would recommend making smaller batches of this curd. It will keep in the fridge in a suitable container for up to 5 days. But it isn’t suitable for freezing.
IS THIS LEMON CURD SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
This recipe is unofficial and has not been verified by Slimming World. But fatgirlskinny estimate it to be Syn Free when following the plan. It does contain 3 tablespoons of Sweetener but because this has 15 – 20 servings depending on how you use it. I do not believe it needs to be Synned… Hopefully you are not planning on devouring the entire pot in one go. This would not be a sensible decision.
LEMON CURD TIPS:
What do you use this delicious tangy lemon curd on? There are so many options….
- On toast
- In a sandwich
- On pancakes or waffles
- Mixed into porridge
- Layered into overnight oats
- Mixed into fat free Greek style or natural yoghurt
HEALTHY LEMON CURD
- 2 Lemons [Juiced, Zested]
- 2 Eggs [Beaten]
- 3 tbsp Plain Quark
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- Mix together eggs, sweetener and zest and juice of the lemons in a glass bowl.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and place the bowl on top. Ensure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Allow to cool before stirring in the quark. Place into a suitable container and store in the fridge.