Creamy Pumpkin Pasta | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Creamy and delicious this healthy slimming friendly pumpkin pasta will be a new weeknight favourite for the whole family. This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This recipe is a weeknight dream come true! With a creamy texture and the delicious flavours of pumpkin and cheese, this is the ultimate healthy comfort food. It’s savoury, hearty, wholesome, and easy to adjust to your own personal taste. My family absolutely loved this Pumpkin Pasta recipe and I know that you will, too!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So creamy
- Perfect for the whole family
- Full of flavour
- Easy to make
- Low in Syns
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 6 months. Thaw before reheating.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- 1 Onion [Finely Chopped]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 425g Tinned Pumpkin [Or swap for fresh pumpkin, 2cm cubed, boiled]
- 100ml Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 25g Mascarpone Reduced Fat/Light
- 300g Dried Pasta [Tagliatelle works best]
- 60g Grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water following pack instructions. Drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile add the onion to a pan over a high heat along with 100ml boiling water. Allow to cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Place to one side and allow to cool.
- Place the pumpkin into a blender along with 50ml milk and the onion. Blitz until completely smooth, gradually adding more milk until the mixture is thick enough to just coat the back of a spoon (you may not need all of the milk).
- Tip into a large frying pan with the tomato purée and mascarpone, and bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Toss the pasta with the pumpkin sauce, parmesan and 50-100ml of the reserved pasta water to loosen. Season and scatter with extra parmesan before serving.