This is a mouthwatering, easy meal that the whole family will love! Crispy baked French Fries loaded with smoky pulled BBQ pork. How can this be Slimming World friendly?
I am not gonna lie, there is not much speed food here… but it’s an amazing treat for the whole family, still syn free and it just tastes so damn good! The best thing about this recipe is enjoying the smell of it cooking all day. It get’s everyones mouths watering ready to devour!
This recipe is brilliant for batch cooking and it makes a lot of pulled pork. Perfect for pulled pork with rice or in a bun later in the week.
WHY IS THIS RECIPE SO GOOD?
- Healthy Alternative
- Easy to make
- The whole family will love it
- Impressive for parties
- Syn Free
IS THIS SUITABLE FOR REHEATING?
Pulled Pork is one of the best batch cook recipes around. It will store in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Freeze for one month but remember to cool first.
It can be reheated in the microwave for 4 – 5 minutes. Remember to defrost before reheating.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
Absolutely but I wouldn’t recommend eating it on a daily basis as there is no speed foods included.
You do not need to Syn the granulated sweetener as you are not eating the full helping in one go.
The recipe includes 90g of Cheese which makes for 3 servings of Healthy Extra A allowances.
DOES THIS RECIPE REQUIRE ANY FANCY EQUIPMENT?
Equipment yes, fancy no… this recipe is ideally made in a slow cooker. If you don’t have a slow cooker I can highly recommend this model from Crock pot. I admit one of the reasons I purchased this was because it was White and Grey so it matched my kitchen perfectly. But also I wanted one that had a sauté pot.. which means you can use it on the hob to sear meat without having to dirty a frying pan etc. The sauté pot does work on an induction hob too.
BBQ Pulled Pork Loaded Fries
- 1.3kg – 2kg Pork Shoulder (All visible fat removed before cooking)
- 500g Passata
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 5 Large Floury Potatoes (Roughly Peeled, Sliced into french fries)
- 90g Red Leicester Cheese (3 x Healthy Extra A)
- Salt & Pepper
- In the morning:
- Add Passata, Worcestershire sauce, Balsamic vinegar, Mustard powder, Sweetener, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Garlic, Salt and Pepper to a small saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- In a hot frying pan (or slow cooker if it can be used on hob) sear each side of your pork.
- Transfer the pork to your slow cooker, cover with sauce and cook for 6 – 8 hours on high or 8 – 10 hours on low.
- 40 minutes before the the pork is ready:
- Preheat oven 220c/200c fan/Gas 7
- Wash potatoes in warm water, par boil in salt water for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, pat dry with kitchen paper as much as possible. Place onto a baking tray and cover with a good helping of Frylight. Season with salt and pepper before placing in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove fries and top with grated cheese. Place bake into the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove fries and cover with pulled pork and any other delicious toppings you fancy.
- Place back into the oven for 3 minutes before serving.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter