Delicious, filling and full of flavour this Cheesy Chicken pasta bake will feed the whole family. Warm, winter comfort food at its best! This unofficial recipe is perfect for any one following Slimming World, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Cheesy Pasta Bake With Chicken is one of those dinners that the kids can polish off in no time, regardless of how many vegetables I sneak in there. Peppers, onions, tomatoes it all gets thrown in.
This pasta dish is really nice cold the next day too.. perfect for a lunch box treat. Absolutely suitable for freezing too so feel free to batch cook this in advance to make life easier.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHEESY CHICKEN PASTA BAKE?
- Rich with flavour
- Perfect for the whole family
- Cheap to make
- Syn Free*
IS THIS RECIPE SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
Absolutely… Allow to cool before storing in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Defrost before reheating in the microwave.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 400g Diced Skinless Chicken Breast
- 350g Dried Pasta
- 120g Cheddar Cheese, grated [or 160g Reduced fat cheddar]
- 2 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- 500 g Passata
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200°C/Fan 180°C
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Make Chicken Stock using 200ml boiling water and 1 Chicken Stock cube. Add this to a pan along with onion, Red pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer until most of the liquid is reduced.
- Add the diced chicken, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Brown the chicken and then stir in the drained pasta and passata.
- Pour into a large baking dish and top with grated cheese.
- Pop into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.