Red Cabbage and Potato Soup | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
This Red cabbage and potato soup is a delicious and beautiful blend that’s also gluten-free. This creamy soup is a great option if you are planning to eat healthy by adding more colours to your diet. The perfect Slimming World friendly recipe or for anyone following a Calorie controlled plan.
This vibrant Red Cabbage and potato Soup is a real show stopper with it’s bright purple colour. This soup is so nutritious because usually the more colourful the produce is, the more nutrient-dense it is. The gorgeous, vibrant colour of purple (or red) cabbage indicates the abundance of antioxidants, flavonoids, and vitamins A and C in the crunchy cruciferous cabbage. Did you know that purple cabbage has twice the amount of vitamin C as green cabbage?
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- This recipe is so thick and creamy without using any dairy.
- Delicious, comforting and warming on a cold winters day.
- Easy to make.
- A great way to get the kiddos interested because of its vibrant colour.
- Vegan and gluten free.
- Syn Free using your Healthy Extra A.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. be sure to allow for your Healthy Extra A but the rest of the Ingredients are all classed as Syn Free.
Red Cabbage and Potato Soup
- 600g Red Cabbage [Thinly Sliced]
- 1 Leek [Thinly Sliced]
- 1 Red Onion [Peeled, Finely diced]
- 1 Large White Potato [Peeled, Finely Diced]
- 1000ml Vegetable Stock
- 200ml Almond Mill [Room temp]
- Pinch Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, spritz with spray. Add the leeks, onion, pinch of salt and 3 tbsp stock. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the potato and 200ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spices, pepper, Red cabbage and the rest of the stock. Again cover for 5 minutes and simmer.
- Bring to boil and then remove from the heat. Add the milk and stir quickly.
- Using a hand blender blend until perfectly combined. Serve hot.