Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
These slow cooker chicken fajitas are so vibrant with colour and full of fresh flavours. It’s like a Mexican party in your mouth! This easy to throw together meal is a healthy treat and perfect to serve as an easy weeknight dinner or for a cheeky lunch time meal with friends.
Just when you thought fajitas couldn’t get any easier, here is my version of Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. All of the usual flavours but the slow cooker does the work for you. You can stick all the ingredients in during the day and then it’s all ready to serve up at dinner time without any effort at all. The delicious ingredients will end up succulent, moist and marinated. Also it’s a healthy meal, making this the ultimate midweek dinner for any Slimming World follower.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s so quick and easy to throw together
- It’s Syn Free following the Slimming World plan
- It’s full of speed foods
- Healthy veggies and full of protein
- The slow cooker does the work for you
- It’s totally delicious
- You can prepare the veggies the night before
- Suitable for freezing
- Brilliant for batch cooking
What can I serve this dish with? I don’t want to use all of my Syns
- Use one wrap from your healthy extra B allowance
- Use huge lettuce leaves to replace wraps
- Cook up pasta and stir in the fajitas
- Serve with White rice and a side salad (all Syn Free)
- Don’t forget a big glug of Fat free Greek style yoghurt
Can you recommend a good Slow Cooker?
At the moment I am loving the Morphy Richards Sear and Stew 3.5 Litre Oval Slow Cooker Titanium The colour is stunning and I am loving the fact you can use the pan of the slow cooker to sear your meat. Less mess and washing up!
If you don’t have or want a slow cooker that’s absolutely fine.. I have a lovely non slow cooker version of Chicken fajitas for you to try.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. These taste even better the next day.
- Reheat: Reheat in the in a pan over a medium heat.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Keep for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Would this recipe work well with other meats?
Sure, feel free to swap the chicken to beef, pork, lamb or take out the meat altogether and swap it for kidney beans to go vegetarian!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my emails… don’t miss a recipe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker
For the Fajita Spice Mix:
- 1 tsp Dried Coriander
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch Salt
Rest of the Ingredients:
- 700g Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast [Do not dice or slice]
- 1 White Onion [Peeled, Sliced]
- 1 Green Bell Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Red Bell Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced]
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube [Mixed with 100ml Boiling Water]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- Mix together the fajita spiced mix and set to one side in a bowl. Why not make up a few batches to store in the cupboard for next time?
- Add the garlic, peppers and onion into the slow cooker.
- Add the fajita spice mix, stock and tomato puree. Mix everything together well.
- Add the chicken breasts (whole) mix together gently ensuring the chicken is completely coated. Try to ensure most of the veggies are on top of the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 3 hours on high or 4 hours on low. (Remove the lid for the last hour)
- Remove the chicken breasts from the cooker, place onto a cutting board and slice into strips. Put these back into the slow cooker and mix everything together. [If you find there is still far too much liquid you can pop your slow cooker pan on the hob and boil off some of the liquid]
- Serve and enjoy.