Slow Cooker Porridge | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast that will cook whilst you are asleep this recipe is for you! Creamy, tender, delicious porridge that warms you right down to your toes. Perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
This recipe is absolutely perfect for someone who doesn’t usually eat breakfast. It is a great way to encourage a breakfast feast… the smell will literally wake you up and get the tummy rumbles going. Just throw everything in, go to bed and wake up to creamy cooked porridge.. how perfect is that?
Autumn is here, which means the slow cooker is out for soups, dinners and… now breakfast! Yes, slow cooker porridge can really be your new bestie. I also love the fact you can add so many different toppings to this breakfast too. Use your Healthy Extra A and Healthy Extra B to keep this recipe Syn free, but it’s delicious and so worth it.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It requires minimal effort and mess
- It smells amazing
- Family friendly, get the kids to eat some healthy porridge
- Uses Healthy Extra A and B
- Suitable for storing and reheating
- Also makes a perfect supper, lunch or pudding!
- Unlimited toppings
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store extra porridge leave it to completely cool down before covering it up and placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: It will go quite thick as it cools down so you will need to loosen it up with a bit of water or milk and give it a good stir. Reheat it in a microwave, or in the pop into the saucepan.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely but to keep this Syn Free you need to use your Healthy Extra allowances.
As part of your B allowance you can have 40g porridge oats. Meaning one serving of this porridge will cover this.
The same goes for milk.. use 1 litre of Semi Skimmed milk and one serving will cover one of your A allowance.
If you are not a follower of Slimming World this porridge is worth just 278 calories per serving.
But I don’t have a slow cooker?
Many people are scared of slow cooking because they believe it makes far too much food or uses too much electric.
At the moment I am highly recommending this small slow cooker from Crockpot. It is perfect for small households and will fit into small spaces/cupboards. It’s also an absolute bargain on Amazon right now!
Slow Cooker Porridge
- Slow Cooker
- 160g Large jumbo rolled oats [Do not use small or quick cook oats. It will turn to sludge]
- 1 Litre Semi-Skimmed milk
- 1 tsp Granulated sweetener
- ½ tsp Cinnamon [Optional]
- Place oats, sweetener and cinnamon into the slow cooker.
- Cover with milk, stir well and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Add more cinnamon and/or sweetener to taste.
- Sliced apple
- Sliced pear
- Granulated sweetener