A “Full English” is not the same without a delicious hash brown in my opinion and these are delicious (and totally syn free yay)! They also make a great addition to a Sausage and Egg mcmuffin fakeaway. A frozen hash brown can be anything upto 10 Syns.. so make your own for a much healthier alternative.
The mixture will make 4 generous sized hash browns.. or feel free to make 5 or 6 smaller ones.. They are suitable for freezing and reheating.. but may not be as crispy the second time around.
Servings: Approx 4
- Add water to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Peel potatoes, add to boiling water and par boil for around 3-4 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and run through cold water completely cooling them.
- Grate potatoes into a bowl, then add salt, onion powder and mustard powder.
- Use something like these egg rings on to a baking tray covered in fry light. Spoon mixture into each ring and spray the tops with fry light.
- Place into oven for 20 minutes at 210c.
- After 20 minutes remove from oven, remove the rings carefully, flip the hash browns and spray with a little more fry light before returning to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes.