Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious and easy to make rich and rustic slow cooker spaghetti bolognese, with a sauce packed with so much flavour to coat your pasta (or vegetables) of choice! This is a recipe that will be loved by the whole family and it is so easy to put together, you don’t even need to brown the mince. Perfect for anyone who is following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie controlled diet.
Of course making a bolognese is simple in a pan, but its even better in the slow cooker because it does all of the work for you. A delicious healthy Spaghetti bolognese is usually a staple for most families. So why don’t you throw it all in and feed the whole family for minimal effort.
Cooking bolognese long and slow in a crockpot or slow cooker results in meltingly tender meat and a rich and flavourful sauce. You just can’t beat it, especially when it’s served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garlic bread! It’s making my mouth water just writing about it…..
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s rich and full of flavour
- It is so easy to make and there is no need for Browning
- The whole family will enjoy it
- It makes plenty so it is perfect for batch cooking
- It can be frozen
- Syn free when following the Slimming World plan
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store, leave the bolognese to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob.
- Freezer: This can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
This recipe uses lean 5% beef mince, speedy vegetables and Slimming World friendly ingredients. This makes the dish Syn free.
But I don’t have a slow cooker?
Many people are scared of slow cooking because they believe it makes far too much food or uses too much electric.
At the moment I am highly recommending this small slow cooker from Crockpot. It is perfect for small households and will fit into small spaces/cupboards. It’s also an absolute bargain on Amazon right now!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 3 Bacon Medallions [Sliced into small pieces]
- 1 Onion [Peeled, diced]
- 1 Carrot [Finely sliced, diced or grated]
- 3 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 200g Button Mushrooms [Sliced]
- 300ml Beef Stock
- 1 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Sliced into large chunks]
- Literally chuck everything into the slow cooker and mix together well ensuring everything is coated.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. Remove the lid for the last 1 hour.
- Season with salt to taste before serving.
- Serve with Pasta, Spaghetti or vegetable.