Slimming World, no restrictions, enjoy healthy filling meals! So let me think, I love pasta and I love chilli.. so why not mix the two together? This delicious chilli pasta bake is healthy, filling and perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
I haven’t gone too crazy on spices with this chilli pasta bake.. I do like spicer foods now I am older but I don’t really want it to blow my head off! If you really like a kick just add an extra teaspoon of Chilli powder to your liking.
This is a really easy recipe to make and the best bit is if you are using your healthy extra A portion it is completely Syn free too.
IS THIS PASTA SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
It certainly is my lovelies!! Allow to cool before storing in a suitable container. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months. Defrost before reheating in the microwave.
WHY IS THIS PASTA SO GOOD?
- Family friendly
- Easy to make
- Low in fat and calories
- Syn Free*
Chilli Pasta Bake
- 150g Dried Pasta
- 250g Lean 5% Beef Mince
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 1 Red Pepper [De seeded, diced]
- 200ml Beef Stock [Made with 1 Stock cube]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 200g Kidney Beans [Drained]
- 80g Reduced Fat Cheddar [Grated]
- Frylight/Low fat cooking spray
- Preheat Oven 200c/180c Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Spritz a pan with a little Frylight and bring to a medium heat.
- Add mince and cook until browned. Add onion, Red pepper and Garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add stock, tomato puree, kidney beans, chilli powder, paprika, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt to the pan. Mix thoroughly and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until 80% of the liquid has reduced.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the mince mixture. Mix together ensuring everything is covered well.
- Place the mixture into a large ceramic baking dish, top with grated cheese and place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is crispy and golden.