Lasagna With Beef and Butternut Squash | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
A proper delicious winter warmer comfort meal. Lashings of tomato sauce and beef mince layered with butternut squash lasagna sheets. This recipe is perfect for anyone following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or a calorie deficit.
This recipe takes the traditional lasagna and replaces pasta sheets with butternut squash sheets instead. I was unsure about giving this a go at first, because my kiddos literally love my lasagna. Why mess with what works right? But they loved it! My eldest baby even said he thought it was more tasty…. Win win… high five for mummy!!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of flavour
- Perfect for the whole family
- Perfect for anyone with an intolerance to pasta
- Great for batch cooking
- Uses Healthy Extra A
- Lashings of delicious tomato sauce
- Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan
- Only 404 Calories per serving
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable container. Keep for up to 3 months. Defrost before reheating. Freeze in small portions for easy meal prep.
If you cannot find butternut squash lasagna sheets simply make your own using a large squash and a mandolin.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Lasagna with beef mince and butternut squash
- Large lasagna dish
- 500g Lean 5% fat beef mince
- 5 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 500g Passata
- 200ml Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 Small Carrot [Grated]
- 1 Onion [Finely Diced]
- 6 Mushrooms [Finely Sliced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Diced]
- 1 Green Pepper [Diced]
- Butternut Squash Lasagna Sheets [Or slice a squash with a mandolin approx. 100g]
- Salt & Pepper
- 500g Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- 200g Quark
- 2 Eggs
- 240g Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese [Grated]
- 1 tsp Colemans Mustard Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Spritz a pan with a little bit of Frylight or similar. Bring to a medium heat.
- Add Onion, garlic, carrot. red pepper and green pepper. Cook for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Pour in the stock and allow to simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, passata, mixed herbs and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes stirring often. If most of the liquid has not drained off.. simmer until it has. [Meanwhile make the cheese sauce]
- Preheat the oven 200c/180c Fan/Gas 6
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the yogurt bit by bit whisking as you go.
- Add mustard powder and a pinch of salt and whisk further.
- Fold in the quark and 80% of the grated cheese. Set aside
Layering the lasagna
- Add a layer of the ragu into the lasagna dish.
- Cover with a layer of butternut squash sheets.
- Add another layer of ragu using all of it.
- Top with the cheese sauce and the remaining grated cheese.
- Place into the centre of an oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through,