Baked Yoghurt Chicken | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious tender yoghurt marinated chicken. Made with chicken breast (or chicken thighs if you are more of a thigh person) that have been soaked in a Greek yoghurt based marinade that’s brimming with flavour. The recipe is perfect for anyone who is following the Slimming World or Weight Watchers plan.
In my opinion you can never have too many ways to marinade and cook simple chicken. This delicious recipe is made with healthy ingredients that all come together so quick and easily. The reason we are marinating the chicken in yoghurt is because the marinade ensures that the chicken stays succulent. The acid in the yoghurt and lemon juice breaks down the protein in the chicken leaving the meat tender and juicy. No tough rubbery chicken here thank you!
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- The chicken is juicy and tender
- Quick and easy to make
- The marinade brings so much flavour to the chicken
- Full of protein and so healthy
- Syn free when following Slimming World
- Zero points when following Weight Watchers
- The whole family will love it
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: This chicken should marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge but can be left for up to 48 hours.
- Freezer: Not suitable for freezing.
- Reheating: The best bit about this chicken is how tender it is. Reheating this will cause it to be much tougher second time around.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Yes absolutely, chicken is Syn free and all of the ingredients to create the marinade are too. This makes the perfect healthy meal alongside a salad, vegetables, chips etc.
Baked Yoghurt Chicken
- 2 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 120g Fat free Greek style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander [Finely chopped]
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- Pinch Salt
- Marinating: Pop the chicken breasts into a strong freezer bag, grab a rolling pin and tenderise the meat basically by whacking the heck out of it! Don't be scared of being too rough, the more you tenderise the more tender your chicken will be.
- Set the chicken aside as it's time to make the marinade.
- Pop all of the marinade ingredients (basically everything other than the chicken) into a bowl and mix together well.
- Pour this marinade into the bag with the chicken. This is why we need a strong bag. If you have some holes after tenderising the chicken it would be worth getting a new bag.
- Seal the bag, make sure the chicken is completely covered and place into the fridge. The chicken needs at least 2 hours but the longer the better. If you can leave it overnight I would recommend.
- After Marinating: Now we are ready to cook the chicken. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200c/180c Fan.
- Pop the chicken breasts and all of the marinade into a non stick pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and pop into the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through before serving.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.
I’m dairy free, could you sun plant yogurt?
In a marinade it is the enzymes and acids in yoghurt which are the important factor so a non-dairy substitute may not work well. But if you include extra Lemon juice it may still have the desired effect. In all honesty I would just give it a go 🙂