Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Slow Cooker pulled chicken is incredibly easy with this simple healthy recipe. It really is one of those just throw it in and let it cook kind of dishes. The recipe itself is so versatile and can be served with almost anything. It is also perfect for batch cooking fans as it will make 8-10 portions easily. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is following the Slimming World plan, Weight Watchers or following a calorie controlled diet.
Chicken meals happen at least 4 times a week in this house and for a good reason. The kids love chicken, Mrfatgirlskinny and I love chicken, chicken is healthy, lean and full of protein too.
Also, you know I like to prep food ahead of time and chicken meal prep is always so quick and easy. However, chicken can start to get rather boring if you’re not creative enough with it. This slow cooker pulled chicken is absolutely mouth watering, smells amazing and the whole family will be begging for second helpings. Can it get better than that? I really don’t think so.
This recipe is actually based on my BBQ pulled pork, the flavours worked so well so I knew replacing the pork with chicken would work just as well. I was right it is delicious, full of flavour and just the right amount of tang.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So tangy and full of flavour that everyone will be asking for second helpings
- Easy to make, just chuck everything in and let the magic happen
- An amazing batch cook recipe suitable for freezing and storing in the fridge
- Reheat for a cheeky lunch time treat
- Syn free when following the Slimming World plan
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store in the fridge you need to allow the pulled chicken to cool completely first. Place into an suitable airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Reheat it in a microwave, or in the pop into the saucepan.
- Freezer: Allow to cool completely. Freeze in batches in suitable freezer bags. Thaw before reheating. Keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Using all Syn free ingredients that recipe is perfectly Slimming World friendly. Just remember to allow for any rolls you intend to use. Syn a delicious white roll or use your Healthy Extra B allowance for a wholemeal roll.
But I don’t have a slow cooker?
Many people are scared of slow cooking because they believe it makes far too much food or uses too much electric.
At the moment I am highly recommending this small slow cooker from Crockpot. It is perfect for small households and will fit into small spaces/cupboards. It’s also an absolute bargain on Amazon right now!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 12 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 500g Passata
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- Add Passata, Worcestershire sauce, Balsamic vinegar, Mustard powder, Sweetener, Garlic, Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Pinch Salt and Pepper to a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Place the chicken thighs into the slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Mix together ensuring the chicken is covered.
- Cook for 7 hours on a low heat.