This beautiful rich homemade BBQ sauce can be ready in just 15 minutes. With very minimal effort you’ll have the best Homemade Barbecue Sauce that is sweet and tangy and made from scratch! Whats more it is totally Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan.
Today my friends, I want to share with you this quick and easy, 15 minute BBQ sauce that takes just a handful of ingredients to make and will impress even the snobbiest of foodies!
I have friends and family who cannot tell the difference between a store bought sauce and this stunning recipe.
My secret ingredient for homemade barbecue sauce is to add half a teaspoon of smoked paprika. It adds just enough of that earthy, smoky flavour without overwhelming the sweetness of the sauce.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- So sweet yet so tangy
- The kids will love it too
- Perfect for the whole family
- Great for marinating meat
- Family friendly
- Totally Syn Free
How can I use this stunning BBQ Sauce?
- Simply devour over a plate of chips
- Serve as a dip
- Use in the slow cooker to make pulled pork
- Baste over a chicken breast, cover in cheese and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool, pour into an airtight container or bottle. Keep in the fridge for 1 – 2 weeks. Shake well before use.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in a suitable containers. Freezer bags are best. Keep for up to 3 months.
Thaw for 4 – 6 hours at room temperature or overnight in the fridge. If using a bag you can simply snip one corner off and pour into a bottle to store in the fridge.
- Reheat: If you like your BBQ Sauce warm thats fine, just pop into a small pan over a medium heat. Slowly heat through stirring constantly.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
A few years ago Slimming World introduced the need to Syn granulated sweetener used in larger quantities. There is no need to Syn this recipe if you are intending on using this as an occasional sauce. If however you are planning in devouring the entire recipe in one go you need to allow 1 Syn.
Syn Free BBQ Sauce
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 225g Passata
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- Pinch Salt
- Sauté diced onion in Frylight over a high heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place the onion in a saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Simmer over a medium heat, stirring often for 10 – 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Allow to cool before storing in the fridge for up to 7 days. Use a good airtight container or bottle.