This Sweet and Smoky Syn Free BBQ Sauce is what dreams are made of. Ready in just 15 minutes and store for up to 7 days.
Today my friends, I want to share with you this quick and easy, 15 minute BBQ sauce that takes just a handful of ingredients to make and will impress even the snobbiest of foodies!
I have friends and family who cannot tell the difference between a store bought sauce and this stunning recipe.
My secret ingredient for homemade barbecue sauce is to add half a teaspoon of smoked paprika. It adds just enough of that earthy, smoky flavour without overwhelming the sweetness of the sauce.
TIPS ON HOW TO USE YOUR NEW DELICIOUS DISCOVERY…
- Simply devour over a plate of chips
- Serve as a dip
- Use in the slow cooker to make pulled pork
- Baste over a chicken breast, cover in cheese and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
CAN I STORE THIS AMAZINGLY TASTY SAUCE?
Of course… pop into a bottle or airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days. This can also be frozen for up to one month.
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
A few years ago Slimming World introduced the need to Syn granulated sweetener in larger quantities. There is no need to Syn this recipe if you are intending on using this as an occasional sauce. If however you are planning in devouring the entire recipe in one go you need to allow 1 Syn.
Syn Free BBQ Sauce
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 225g Passata
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- Pinch Salt
- Sauté diced onion in Frylight over a high heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place the onion in a saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Simmer over a medium heat, stirring often for 10 – 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Allow to cool before storing in the fridge for up to 7 days. Use a good airtight container or bottle.