Beetroot and Quinoa burgers… another perfect recipe for my vegetarian followers.. and also just totally yummy for everyone.. These burgers are a great way of getting lots of speed into your day since beetroot is a Speed food. I was a little sceptical about giving this a go but, it was really tasty and a great alternative to meat burgers but cutting the calories by 70%.
Servings: 2 Burgers
You will need a food processor or Nutribullet to create this recipe. I do highly recommend the Nutri magic bullet… its fairly inexpensive and does exactly what it says.. I use it for 60% of my recipes.. its a gadget I simply could not live without.
- 200g Raw Beetroot, Diced into cubes (or use 140g pre cooked)
- 75g Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 Large Pinch Of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170c/Gas Mark 3.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and place your diced Beetroot onto the tray.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes. (This can be skipped if you decide to use pre cooked Beetroot)
- Meanwhile cook the Quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Remove the Beetroot from the oven and place into a food processor/Nutribullet along with the Onion.
- Because we still need some texture to the burgers.. only pulse the processor for 3 or 4 short blasts.
- Place the Beetroot and Onion into a bowl with the cooked Quinoa, Beaten egg, crushed Garlic, Lemon juice, Chilli powder and Salt.
- Combine completely and then using slightly wet hands form two burger type shapes.
- Place back onto the lined baking tray and spritz the top with a little Frylight.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, flip the burgers carefully and then bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve in a bun with your choice of toppings (they work well with Cheese).