This quick and easy Syn Free Pasta/Pizza sauce is a homemade staple for any Slimming World follower. It’s easy to make, it’s full of flavour, it can be doubled, and freezes easily so you always have some on hand.
Why make it at home when you can order it from your favorite pizza place? Answer: Homemade pizza/pasta sauce is a million times better and it smells divine! Supermarket bought sauces are not only full of sugar but they contain a lot of Syns. When following Slimming World pasta is your friend and we need rich, delicious, Syn Free sauces to devour. This delicious easy to make sauce is an absolute staple for your fridge or freezer.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST PIZZA/PASTA SAUCE?
- Very easy to make
- Less sugar than supermarket brands
- Rich and full of flavour
- Perfect for storing in the freezer
- The whole family will love it
- Syn Free
IS THIS SAUCE SUITABLE FOR BATCH COOKING?
Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days and the freezer for 6 months.
Defrost before re heating on the hob.
Tomato pasta/pizza sauce
- 2 x 400g Tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ Onion [Peeled, finely diced]
- 1 Garlic Clove [Crushed]
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place into a food processor and blitz until smooth.