Beef Curry | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Delicious chunks of tender beef in a rich and spicy sauce served over a bed of rice. This Beef Curry is an easy and comforting meal with a kick of spice. It’s made with spices you probably already have in your cupboard and it freezes really well too, so you can have leftovers for meals in the week. You can make this as spicy or as mild as you like too.
I can almost guarantee that this beef curry is about to become an all time favourite in your house! My kiddos aren’t particularly bothered about spicy food but even they gave this one a go and enjoyed. I knocked down the spice a bit for theirs but if you like a kick go for it, or add some more! This recipe has been created with Slimming World in mind but it is suitable for anyone who is following the WW plan or a calorie defecit.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- It’s really simple to make
- Healthy alternative
- Great for a fakeaway night
- Freezes really well
- Adaptable and versatile to suit everyones taste
- Great for batch cooking
- Syn free when following Slimming World
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: To store in the fridge you need to allow the curry to cool completely first. Place into an suitable airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave it the better it tastes.
- Reheat: Reheat it in a microwave, or in the pop into the pan with a drop of water.
- Freezer: Allow to cool completely. Freeze in batches in suitable freezer containers. Thaw before reheating. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Using all Syn free ingredients that recipe is perfectly Slimming World friendly. Just remember to allow for any extras such as naan breads.
- 500g Rump Steak [Diced, any extra fat removed]
- 1 Red Onion [Peeled, Diced]
- 1 Red Pepper [Deseeded, Diced]
- 1 tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic [Crushed]
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 300ml Beef Stock
- 3 tbsp Fat free Greek style yoghurt [Room temperature]
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Pinch Salt
- Heat your pan using a little low calorie cooking spray and fry your onion and red pepper until softened.
- Add your steak (beef), madras curry powder, tomato puree, ginger and garlic. Sir well.
- Add Stock and simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced and the beef is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt.