This beef curry is a favorite in our house… it’s a perfect addition to your “Fakeaway” night 🙂
Syns: Syn free
250g Rump Steak (or beef strips)
1 Red onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Tbsp Madras curry powder (add extra for a more spicy curry)
1 Tsp Ginger powder
1/2 Tsp garlic powder (or 1/2 a clove)
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1 Medium sized butternut squash
3 Large mushrooms sliced
275ml Boiling water
2 Beef stock cubes
Basmati rice to serve
- Finely chop your onion and red pepper. Peel your butternut squash and cut into small cubes. Slice your mushrooms. Dice your beef.
- Heat your pan using a little frylight and fry your onion and red pepper until softened.
- Add your mushrooms and butternut squash and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add your steak (beef), madras curry powder, tomato puree, ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Make up your stock with 275ml of boiling water and 2 beef stock cubes.
- Add the stock to your pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice for a Indian Fakeaway.
This curry could be changed to Chicken.. Just use 250g of diced chicken and 2 chicken stock cubes.
Have you created this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram 🙂 @fatgirlskinny_sw