Spinach and Bacon Breakfast Egg Muffins | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Egg Muffins with Bacon and Spinach make a great breakfast, lunch, or a snack to pack up for work, school, or a picnic! They are low in calories, Syn Free and absolutely packed full of nutritional benefits.
It’s no secret to anyone that I absolutely adore breakfast. I wake up most morning ready raring to start the day with a big meal. I would absolutely give up lunch if it meant I could have a huge breakfast every morning. In particular I love to start my day with eggs… poached, boiled, fried, scrambled or in an effort muffin. In fact it’s making me hungry just thinking about it!
These egg muffins are full of protein and really low in calories. They are Syn Free when following the Slimming World plan too so you can fill up in the mornings totally guilt free.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Full of protein
- So easy to make
- A great way to get veggies in the kiddos
- Fantastic lunch box treat
- Really filling
- Syn free
- So tasty
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Wait until the egg muffins are completely cooled, then transfer them in an air tight container for 4 – 5 days. Perfect eaten cold or warm through in the microwave.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or air fryer, but they are best eaten cold.
- Freezer: Once cooked, let the egg muffins cool completely. Set them on a baking sheet, spaced so they aren’t touching, and freeze for 1-2 hours. Transfer the partly frozen egg muffins to a large zip top bag or airtight container. They will keep for 3 months.
Take them out of the freezer as needed and allow them to defrost overnight on a plate in the refrigerator before eating or reheating.
Spinach and bacon breakfast egg muffins
- Paper or silicone muffin cases
- Air Fryer [Optional]
- Muffin Tin [If baking in the oven]
- 8 Medium Eggs [or 7 Large]
- 150g Fresh Spinach
- 5 Bacon Medallions [Finely Diced]
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/Gas 6.
- Pop paper or silicone muffin cases into a muffin tin and place to one side.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, season with salt & pepper and whisk well. Set to one side.
- Spritz a large non stick pan with a little low calorie cooking spray and add you sliced bacon. Fry on a medium heat until soft/cooked.
- Add Spinach and a large pinch of salt into the pan and cook for a minute until wilted.
- Divide the bacon and spinach mix between the muffin cases.
- Pour the beaten egg into each section evenly but ideally not to the top because the muffins will rise. If you find there is not enough egg mixture feel free to break another egg and whisk as needed.
- Place the muffins into the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove, spritz with low calorie cooking spray and return to the oven for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Check they are cooked by sliding a sharp knife into the middle. If it comes out dry they are cooked.
- Either eat warm or allow to cool and store as needed.
- Optional Air Fryer option: These can be cooked in the air fryer. Use silicone muffin cases only. Place into the air fryer basket and cook for around 15 minutes.