Aloo Gobi | Slimming World Friendly Recipe
Aloo gobi is an type of Indian curry made with potato and cauliflower. It’s ready in 30 minutes and 100% Syn Free with Slimming World.
I love a Syn Free* Indian fakeaway night and with this delicious Aloo Gobi you can impress all of the family.
Perfect for vegetarians with a good kick of spice to wet the appetite. Just remember to follow the recipe 100% or you may end up with hard potato and that is never a good thing.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn free
- So tasty and full of flavour
- Perfect for an Indian Fakeaway night
- Quick and easy to make
Try pairing this with our other delicious fakeaway recipes.
Indian food is awesome and I know you love it as well, so here it is our version of the traditional aloo gobi, an Indian curry. Enjoy x
- 2 Large Potatoes (Peeled, washed and cubed)
- 300 g Cauliflower (Sliced into small chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (Diced)
- 200 g Chopped Tomatoes (Drained)
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- Spritz a pan with Frylight, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the drained chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, mild curry powder, turmeric, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, add potatoes and allow to simmer covered with a lid for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes add the cauliflower and simmer for a furher 10 minutes without the lid. The mixture should now be starting to evaporate. If the mixture feels dry and the potato/cauliflower are still hard add more water and continue to simmer.
- Once all of the liquid had evaporated, stir fry until slighty charred and serve.
Have you created this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram tagging me at @fatgirlskinny__ and the hashtag #fatgirlskinny.