Aloo gobi is an type of Indian curry made with potato and cauliflower. It’s ready in 30 minutes and 100% Syn Free with Slimming World.
I love a syn free Indian fakeaway night and with this delicious Aloo Gobi you can impress all of the family.
Perfect for vegetarians with a good kick of spice to wet the appetite. Just remember to follow the recipe 100% or you may end up with hard potato and that is never a good thing.
Try pairing this with our other delicious fakeaway recipes.
Indian food is awesome and I know you love it as well, so here it is our version of the traditional aloo gobi, an Indian curry. Enjoy x
- 2 Large Potatoes (Peeled, washed and cubed)
- 300 g Cauliflower (Sliced into small chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (Diced)
- 200 g Chopped Tomatoes (Drained)
- 150 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- Spritz a pan with Frylight, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the drained chopped tomatoes, garlic, ginger, mild curry powder, turmeric, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, add potatoes and allow to simmer covered with a lid for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 10 minutes add the cauliflower and simmer for a furher 10 minutes without the lid. The mixture should now be starting to evaporate. If the mixture feels dry and the potato/cauliflower are still hard add more water and continue to simmer.
- Once all of the liquid had evaporated, stir fry until slighty charred and serve.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you create any of my recipes. You may be featured on the blog.